I had something of a revelation occur today (the tequila therapy afterwards probably helped too), but I am so grateful that I finally got the chance to buy a good target gun to shoot sporting clays a year or so ago (& even a left-handed one that really & truly fits me), because if I hadn't, I wouldn't ever have gotten the chance to fully compare the two worlds. They are simply that different. Game guns are beyond wonderful; there's nothing like them for doing the job that they were designed to do, but....they simply suck as target guns. Strong language, I know, but they really do. If nothing else, guns were and are "tools" first and foremost, and you really should have the right "tool" for the job at hand. There are lots of guns out there that are very-good compromises, and they can serve well-enough in many arenas, (and some are even pretty great examples), but.... if you haven't had the chance to make that truly deep-comparison you'll never really know what you have been missing. You can be happy with said compromises, believe me (as I've owned several over the years) but you'll have deprived yourself of one of the great pleasures in this shooting life by not having the exact tool you really need for the job at hand.