Many claim sleeved guns do not feel like they did before being sleeved. Duh. Barrels become lighter as they get honed to death. By the time they get sleeved they have become so thin that they are borderline safe to even shoot and are much lighter in the barrels than they started out in life. Yes sleeving does change things but not as much as many think. I only have a few sleeved guns but find them all to be acceptable. I never knew what they felt like before, so can only go by their current feel.

I am more sad for the loss of the lovely Damascus beauty than a change in barrel weight of 2-4-6 ounces. If it really bothers you have the gun rebalanced to suit. A six pound, seven pound and eight pound gun can all be balanced on the hinge pin or most other points if you like, but will still work with the feel between the hands as they say. The heavier guns might take a bit more effort to swing but also will be less prone to being stopped like many ultra lights guns. They can be smoother but slightly slower. I have several thin barreled guns I wish I could get sleeved or were already sleeved. Just born on the wrong side of the Atlantic.