Originally Posted by Der Ami
journeyman,
What is it about your rifle that you are concerned about? It seems to be in useable condition for an antique rifle of the type. They were made in smaller calibers from 5.6x35R Vierling to 9.3x72R. with a good many in 8.15X46R and 9.3 X72R. I have also seen them in 8x57R/360 and 8X58R S&S. The action type is not suitable for more powerful cartridges such as 8x57IR, 7X57R or 9.3X74R. The rifle is perfectly capable of taking Whitetail with a careful shot at a reasonable distance. It is also a fun little rifle and could last the rest of your life and be passed on to your heirs. I noticed in your other thread about this rifle that you have been shooting S&B ammo. The fired cases from this ammo are easily reloadable and depending on the groove diameter, you may very well be able to use inexpensive cast bullets commercially available. If it were mine, I would just use it as is.
Mike

The rifle itself is fine and i am happy with it. The thing i'm curious about is bolt thrust/ case pressure for a new barrel in an old action. I know its possible on paper and was wondering if there were any guidelines on doing so

@stanton hills. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience, Its hard enough to find a local smith to work on common guns let alone an Gunsmith who can work on these fine guns

I would also like to apologize for my delayed response work on the clock and at home has been keeping me tied up