I certainly don’t see an uptick in people interested in using or buying sxs shotguns here in the mountain west. Myself and 1 other guy are the only ones at our relatively large, busy gun club that shoot SxS’s. We are known for being the “sxs guys”. There’s a lot of young shooters at the club though, middle school and high school shooters (a lot are young females) that shoot on teams and leagues. That’s a good thing, but none of them are using or seem very interested in using SxS’s.
A lot of folks are curious about guns with side by side barrels at the club, but I don’t see anyone else shooting them or buying them. Kreighoffs, Kolars, Brownings, & Berettas etc are king at our club. O/U’s, autos.
I rarely ever see good quality pump guns being used either.
Everytime I shoot my Win. 1897, it draws a small crowd.
I think myself and my buddy are the only ones that also shoot old Winchester pump guns at the club. I’ve only seen a couple of model 12’s or other vintage pumps in the last decade or so.
In the past 10 years I’ve seen exactly 1 other person shooting a sxs….I was so curious I walked over to talk with him about it. It was a Turkish made 28 gauge with a single trigger that wouldn’t fire the second barrel. Needless to say, I don’t think he stayed enamored with the sxs, haven’t seen him or that gun since.

Dustin