Around 1970, sure someone here knows exactly when, H&R put out 2 small catalogs to list their wares for sale to the American market. One for fishing rods, etc. another for firearms. Still have a copy of latter, probably in old files at office. It included bolt action rifles, Webley pistols, flare pistols, a cased harpoon gun identical to the one used in JAWS, and some Webly & Scott doubles. Even then as a teenager, I was attracted to the 728. It was a 28 gauge with 25” barrels, choked 1/4 and 3/4, straight grip checkered butt, cased with accessories. Looked almost identical to the gun that started this thread. Price then was $700. Flash forward to about 1981 and I got into the market. Looked at some beautiful Superposed (P2 Q) etc at Scotts furniture store in Jay, Fl. Wanting a SxS he suggested I call Bill Jayques (sp).Bill mentioned a couple out of my price range and then suggested a, as new, 728 with “the pettiest wood” he had even seen on one. Did not haggle and bought it for $2750. Killed hundreds of dove with it and a number of quail until I got to reading about the “need” for longer barrels. A Red Label and Parker Repo aquired since just never did as well. Guess I should dig it out of safe and try to learn to shoot it again. It is one I will never sell. My son better not either. Forgive an old farts trip down memory lane.