Originally Posted by Tim Cartmell
Originally Posted by Bruce Bernacki
Interesting topic but just shoot Bismuth, although even the Kent Bismuth is a little hot for a spanish SxS. Unless you live somewhere where the sky is blackened by flushing pheasants, it's in the noise, cost-wise. When my state mandated non-toxic in essentially all public areas, I bought a Benelli Ultralight to shoot steel, but when Kent started selling Bismuth I was able to once again use my Browning A-5 Sweet Sixteen and 16 gauge Ithaca Model 37. But I won't put Kent Bismuth through my Ugartecheas or my Garbi. You just have to reload or pay RST, when they have them. Currently Rogers Sporting Goods has #5 12 gauge Kent Bismuth at $34/box, free shipping over $99.00 which if your gun can handle it beats the RST non-tox at $65/box. Now I shoot those Kent 12's in the Ultralight, the improvement in performance over steel is worth it.

The problem is that the Kent Bismuth in Canada is $91 per box. That's for the 2 3/4 inch, 1 1/16 ounce upland loads.

_____
TC

As far as I am concerned, the biggest problem is that it is just too hot. For some reason, I have 2 boxes of 1.25 oz Upland loads of #5s. I don't know how I'm going to get rid of them, but it won't be shooting them.