Originally Posted by Tim Cartmell
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by Tim Cartmell
Originally Posted by Bruce Bernacki
Interesting topic but just shoot Bismuth, although even the Kent Bismuth is a little hot for a spanish SxS. Unless you live somewhere where the sky is blackened by flushing pheasants, it's in the noise, cost-wise. When my state mandated non-toxic in essentially all public areas, I bought a Benelli Ultralight to shoot steel, but when Kent started selling Bismuth I was able to once again use my Browning A-5 Sweet Sixteen and 16 gauge Ithaca Model 37. But I won't put Kent Bismuth through my Ugartecheas or my Garbi. You just have to reload or pay RST, when they have them. Currently Rogers Sporting Goods has #5 12 gauge Kent Bismuth at $34/box, free shipping over $99.00 which if your gun can handle it beats the RST non-tox at $65/box. Now I shoot those Kent 12's in the Ultralight, the improvement in performance over steel is worth it.

The problem is that the Kent Bismuth in Canada is $91 per box. That's for the 2 3/4 inch, 1 1/16 ounce upland loads.

_____
TC

As far as I am concerned, the biggest problem is that it is just too hot. For some reason, I have 2 boxes of 1.25 oz Upland loads of #5s. I don't know how I'm going to get rid of them, but it won't be shooting them.

Thanks for the heads up guys. The last thing I want to do is spend a $1000 on a case of Bismuth cartridges that I find I can't use.

Kent Bismuth Upland Cartridges

______
TC

If you reload, I'd be happy to suggest recipes that you can check out. I'm shooting Boss Bismuth with fiber wads, this year, but normally I use home rolleds with Longshot powder and Rotometals Bi/Sn #5s for pheasants. They work really well.