Hi Ed.

Yes Sir, one hour ramp time up to 1400 degrees, and then a dwell time of 2 hours.

Some cook at 1350, some cook shorter, some longer, someone told me LC Smith cooked higher than 1400. Some say Parker cooked at 1400, and then dropped down to 1250 to help prevent distortion. I don’t know if the history has been captured accurately or not, but regardless, the extremely high degree of variability of this process is very interesting, and very frustrating.

I appreciate the positive responses to your inquiry, and the negative ones have a place here as well. Your link to my FB page has both as well.

That said, I do not think that anyone has enough of a first hand sample size of viewings to say that this or that maker always looked this or that way. Mr. Turnbull does fine work, however I have heard people say his outcomes are gaudy as well. DelGrego is often cited as a producer of authentic Parker colors, yet they look like cyanide colors sometimes, which I don’t think Parker’s had. Fine, that is a perspective, an opinion. Personally, I am not going to knock anyone else’s work, again, because of the variables involved and how hard it is to figure out what works with the materials on hand, geography, etc.

I would prefer that those who care sit down to a nice BBQ meal, and a sip or two of single malt at the next Southern and talk about it in person. Maybe even a panel discussion. Much more effective than Internet debate.