[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

There cannot be many George Newnham guns floating around (because before securing this one, I'd never heard of him before). So...finding a maker's case that fits this one perfectly should be like finding a needle in a haystack right? Well, thanks to our own Joe in Charlotte here, this old gun has now been mated to a case (perhaps it's own?).

No way to know that for sure, of course, but this case fits like it was actually made for it. The address is period correct, the barrel length is perfect (30-inches with the slot for that doll's head extension) and the action snugs right into place. It's always good to have a proper place to store these guns (where they're well protected) and a fitted case is arguably the best protection that can be found. While this particular case is getting fairly tatty, the label is good, the latch works and the handle isn't torn. Like so-many of these old(er) English gun cases, it could be better if restored (by the right hands) but... it doesn't really need to be at this point because it's still the perfect place for an old gun such as this to repose until it's needed. I suppose my son (or I ) could dig around and find some proper cleaning supplies and perhaps even some period-correct accouterments to fill the empty sections, but for now this should work quite nicely. Thanks Joe!