I was going to mention my great AYA #2 .410 until I saw that retail prices have gone from $2500 to over $9000 in the short years since I sold them in a store where I worked. My choice for a heavy duty .410 is my 30" Iver Johnson Skeeter, going to Stan Hillis if he survives me. I'm also a bit partial to my VH .410 Parker that is probably the best Del Grego restoration of a field grade gun I have ever seen. My ,410 Field Grade L.C.Smith was sold to a good shooting buddy who just had to have it. It is the gun I used in a pheasant shoot, going 26 straight with a 28 gauge partner. We both shot 13X13 missing one that was picked up by a backup shot by our partner. My .410 was modified and full, shooting 3" 7 1/2 and 6, and my partner's 28 Beretta had skeet chokes. He figured that out after the hunt was over. I had never shot birds with this friend and he surprised me, especially the pickup shot after I emptied my gun on a big cock and he shot it dead at about 40 yards. The Purdey sounds interesting, and would be my choice.