Originally Posted by KY Jon
Keith, prices are what they are but when buying things like guns, at auction, overseas you need to look at the total picture. Not just the low winning bid price. If you look at what you can buy at auction for £300 you will see a gun you will be hard pressed to find in the US for less than $1,250-1,500.00. But to be fair that £300 win is going to be a £850-900 gun by the time you get it. So there is a little cushion in the price. And one in ten guns listed are a steal, being lost in the crowd they are a bit hard to find. I bought near mint condition AYA Model 4, in 12, 16 & 20, that cost me less than a grand after importing which are steals.

I also have bought several central vision and crossover guns for display and just to play around with at the Skeet club or Sporting Clays. Those are impossible to find in the US. If you want a challenge shoot a round of Skeet with a crossover gun. I just wish these guns could give the the story they have seen. Were they made for a person with a master eye problem or for someone who lost and eye in the War? My theory is the low grade ones, which often are well used, were for working people with master eye problems and have seen a full lifetimes use, but the mid grade ones were for War vets because they tend to have much less use and are much better taken care of in general. But who knows.

And to your constant digging, what is the point? The owner of the board seems to not mind, so why should you? His site, his rules, as he chooses to enforce them. Please end the personal attacks. They add nothing to the board and run others off because they just tire of them because they have been so useless. Hope your year is better that the last three have been. Less than a year to go on FJB. I hope.

Jon, I appreciate the reply. I totally understand the fact that a large part of the cost of these overseas gun buying is the import fees. That's precisely why I find it objectionable that someone who advertises that service here apparently refuses to pay Dave the $12.00 fee for each and every sale made as a result of those continual Free Advertisements.

Reluctance to pay might be understandable if he/she was only making a couple bucks, but it appears that there is considerable money changing hands, and business is booming.

Originally Posted by SKB
billie, you underestimate things. I imported way, way more than 4 guns for board members this shipment, by several fold.

I'd ask you if you were one of those members here who used that importation service, but we both already know the answer to that. So could this be a case of, "We cheat the other guy (Dave), and pass the savings on to you."?

You ask why I belabor this point about the Free Advertisers, and their apparent refusal to pay Dave the required $12.00 fee for each and every sale. That's easy to answer. I repeat it because nothing has changed. As I have shown, one of them has even added an additional business venture to his/her Free Advertising campaign. People who b1tch and complain about rules violations here shouldn't feel they are exempt from the rules Dave sets. But they do feel exempt, and even brag about it.

As you can see from my last post, SKB gave it a "Like", and has also "Liked" other posts I have made about the same subject matter. So I have to assume at least one Free Advertiser is happy about me doing this.

You say you have a Dental practice. Would it be OK if some local pizza shop or funeral home just decided to put up a sign advertising their business on the sign post in the parking lot of your Dentist office? How about some local businesses posting Free Advertisements right on your building or in the patient waiting area? What would it hurt?

A better question is, who in their right mind would even have the gall to do something like that at your private enterprise?

You are a rural landowner, and I am a rural landowner. I know from your posts that you have had to deal with trespassers and poachers. So have I, and I see a lot of similarities between this Free Advertising without payment and the activities of trespassers and poachers. Both know what they are doing is wrong and violates rules and standards. Both are using or taking a resource that doesn't belong to them. If you saw a poacher shooting doves or ducks on your neighbors land, I'll bet you would think it's wrong and say something about it. You would probably even notify your State's "Turn In Poachers (T.I.P.) Line", just as I would do, even if my neighbor wasn't aware of the poaching or trespassing.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

We certainly wouldn't make excuses for it. So why would we bother getting involved, and complain about someone illegally taking that resource? The good Lord makes more doves and ducks every day. They are nowhere near extinct. What's the harm? And that trespassing poacher might even be eating that ill-gotten game, instead of profiting from it like our Free Advertisers. Well, we would say it's still wrong because it diminishes the resource for those who are actually paying the bills to preserve and protect that resource for everyone. In the same vein, it isn't fair that those who do pay Dave the required $12.00 fee for all sales done from advertising here should carry the load and subsidize those Tagline Poachers who are making substantial profits on a larger scale. If they see others not playing by the rules, how long will it be until some of them decide to do the same?

As to your assertion that me repeating this refrain "adds nothing to the board and runs others off...", I find that both disingenuous and hilarious. Disingenuous because we know that one Free Advertiser here has made repeated negative comments and insults concerning Ed's integrity, in addition to engaging in personal attacks, doxxing, etc. And you have never once asked him/her to stop for the sake of the board, or worried about him/her potentially running off sensitive thin-skinned guys. That observation goes for a number of people who have made the same tired complaint. The repeated assertions about the hordes of overly sensitive types that are allegedly being run off by me, and nobody else is what I find to be hilarious. Really, I find it absurdly funny that a grown man could be so traumatized by some bantering they see on their computer monitor, that they have to run off in tears to some internet Safe Space. If it is seriously that bad, they really need to lay off the hormone laced chicken and get their estrogen levels checked. I see quite a few things here I find personally offensive, beginning with shooters who support anti-gun Democrats. But for some reason, I have not been compelled to run off. BTW, Dittos on your hope that Biden gets the boot. He belongs in prison long before simply getting voted out.