As cutter said, others do it a different way, and some make an effort to repair the solder joints. When the water is allowed to come out, it will also go in during use. The main reason for ribs coming loose is rust at the inside of the joint and allowing water to enter only makes it worse. Where leakage was only discovered late in the process or was minor, I have seen a string "worried" between the ribs (with a scribe and compressed air) and "Ballistol" added to prevent or at least slow rust forming. I have been informed that in the old days the entire (or most) barrel blank was "tinned" before soldering the ribs on to avoid rust under them. Cleaning the barrels for bluing after extensive "tinning" was difficult and this process was slowly eliminated. When repairing small leaks, I noted the use of an electric soldering iron to place the heat directly at the joint, but with additional heat applied to tip with a torch and the ribs wired down on both ends of the leak to prevent more leaks.
Mike