One of my go to smiths died, his son is so swamped that I only use him for certain jobs. One thing he use to enjoy doing was making and engraving screws which he was very good doing, but last time I was in his shop he told another customer he was not interested in making over another set of screws for him. Turns out the fellow had all the screws replaced about five years earlier and buggered them all up again playing home gunsmith. Last time I was in his shop he had a full years worth of work on hand.

He had a Hoenig stock duplicator in the back room he has never set up which I was trying to buy from him. He has had it for about ten years, or maybe more and never has had time to set it up and learn how to use it correctly. It is a upgrade from my Gemini. In fact I think his father bought it just before he passed away. Might see if he wants to move on from it now. Like too many of us he is not getting younger and I think he has only a nephew showing interest in following along after he is done. Gunsmiths seem to age a twice the regular rate and get cranky at three times the regular rate.