I started using 3/4 oz in 12ga years ago. mainly because I wanted a cheap skeet load that was low pressure for all my old guns. All I had were 12's. I shot low gun skeet. One night I was at a practice with our local collegiate team and they needed someone to fill out a trap squad. All I had in the truck was a 1902 O grade LC. At 16yds I kept up with them and they were all amazed I shot that well with a Damascus sxs well over 100 years old and 3/4 oz loads. Last year I won a game that used a regular trap house, that you stood behind and then 6 other traps in a circle with about a 35 yard radius. Everyone was shooting sxs, that's how we roll. The talk before shooting everyone said you needed tight chokes and at least 71/2 shot heavy loads. I didn't want to shoot because I was using an AyA XXV with open chokes and 3/4 oz #8 shot. It came down to the last shot to win and I did. When I told the trappers what I was using and they couldn't believe it. If I'm on the target will break out to about 20yd trap. That is probably because I don't know what that sight picture should look like. I started being cheap but it seems to work.