Today is a very emotional day in my life, and gives me faith in goodness, good fortune, luck and God working in mysterious ways.
Being brought up in 'The Black Country' the Industrial area in the West Midlands of England UK as a school leaver I was fascinated by the Birmingham Gun Quarter and had many part time jobs there before settling down at Uni and my chosen engineering career.One of these Saturday jobs and school holiday jobs was at Webley's. There they had a great man who was works foreman and finisher Bert Williams.
Fifty years later I do business with a company from Birmingham the CEO happened to mention his Dad used to work at Webley's. "I think I've got his tools in the shed somewhere, you can have them if I can find them out"
Today I took delivery of the toolkit which belonged to yes you've guessed Bert Williams.But with a twist of fate there nestling amongst them was a chequering cutter with the initials on the handle PH "welcome home baby" it is irrefutabley my initials.Nice to know Bert had time for the 'little rascal'and his tool.
Also amongst the bits and bobs are numerous pins, springs, strikers, swivels etc., which will probably get one of us here on this board out of a fix one day.