March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dale May), 769 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,013
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Thread Like Summary
pamtnman
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Dave Weber
Dave Weber
Update 1/9/21 - The update is complete but not without some hair pulling and I don't have much left!

A sideways PHP update and some corrupted files caused a bunch of misfires.

And then the really fun one...who remembers the buried database password from 1996?
Lucky I had it on my super secret decoder ring that was in a safe spot.
The safe spot eluded me for about 4 hours...;-)

Thankfully, I located the password and had a copy of the bad files.

As of now we are back in the saddle....

If you see anything weird please drop me a note.

It will take me a few weeks to get up to speed on any new features so please be patient.

Thank you all for your participation.

Dear Cast & Crew.

There is a major BBS software update planned for early January 2021.
Now would be a good time to remove old and/or unwanted private messages. I have already pruned old want ads prior to August 2020. If you have want ads from then to now that have sold or no longer available please remove them too.

I am hopeful that there will be no issues and have made a full back up on 12/28.
Should things drift sideways the worst case would be a week or so loss of posts and any new membership that register between the 28th and the day of the update.

The board may be closed for a few days. I apologize in advance for any disruption.

Thank you all for your participation and your soon to be tested patience with the update.

**** Update will likely occur within a week of 1/8. Documentation has been submitted just waiting in the job line now.
Liked Replies
by Dave Weber
Dave Weber
Let the upgrade settle in and I see what I can do about picture posting.

Right now it takes about 2 hours with required manual assist to back up the forum.

In addition, I don’t have the bandwidth to move the back up files around from home...I have to do it at my real job.

Adding image storage will multiply that time and effort several times.

We shall see.
1 member likes this
by ksauers1
ksauers1
Originally Posted by Dave Weber
Let the upgrade settle in and I see what I can do about picture posting.

Right now it takes about 2 hours with required manual assist to back up the forum.

In addition, I don’t have the bandwidth to move the back up files around from home...I have to do it at my real job.

Adding image storage will multiply that time and effort several times.

We shall see.

Direct from my phone would be great
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.