March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jimmy W, KDGJ, smlekid, Owenjj3, Argo44), 822 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Thread Like Summary
craigd, Geo. Newbern, Hammergun, Jeff L., John Roberts, mc, pamtnman, simcgunner, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by John Roberts
John Roberts
Godspeed my friend. You were the greatest.
JR
Liked Replies
by Dave Weber
Dave Weber
Not being pulled...Rush was great and I will miss hearing him daily.

My dad turned me onto him years ago and I’ve been an avid fan since.

It was very sad to hear his wife start the show with news of his demise.

Rest in Peace.

Also....If any member disrespects Rush by talking crap about him.... they will get an immediate 30 day ban.

Already had a member take advantage of my ban offer...too bad as It’s really a no brainer...If you have nothing nice to say about Rush...don’t’ say anything at all.
8 members like this
by L. Brown
L. Brown
Early on, I happened to be listening to Rush when he suggested that there ought to be a national day for women, and was looking for nominations. Someone called in and said "Mary Jo Kopechne Day . . . because she kept Teddy Kennedy from being president." At which point Rush declared that nominations ceased. That was a classic, and pretty darned funny.
4 members like this
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
Keith,
Rush was a speaker at one of the NRA conventions, where he was gifted a muzzle loading Kentucky style rifle. His show was based in New York at the time, and he did a monologue about how it was virtually impossible for him to keep the primitive gun in New York. As if New Yorkers were in some sort of grave danger from radio talk show hosts, armed with flint locks, rampaging in the city.
He was on the air for 30+ years, with leftists literally employed by organizations trying to find a “gotcha” moment in every broadcast, and succeeded in making liberal ideas look as dumb as they always are, while making any thinking person laugh out loud. He used to say liberals are the show, they just don’t get it, and he was 100% correct.

Best,
Ted
3 members like this
by craigd
craigd
Originally Posted by Grouse Guy
Rush was a great entertainer.

He was entertaining in that he could command the attention of multi millions daily. but he was rigidly held to factual scrutiny. A quality that came naturally to him, while giving legitimacy and voice to the fly over country.
2 members like this
by keith
keith
Ted, thanks for the reminder about the flintlock rifle that was presented to Rush by the NRA, in recognition of his support for the 2nd Amendment. I obviously missed his program about the problems with owning it in New York City, because I am one of those fools who works for a living and pays taxes, instead of expecting government hand-outs.

Your comment is relevant here, because it illustrates the foolishness of those guys who actually believe that if we give up semi-autos, handguns, large cap magazines, etc., then the anti-gun Democrats will not come after our double shotguns. Where Democrats rule, not even single shot flintlocks or percussion guns are safe from onerous regulations.
2 members like this
by dukxdog
dukxdog
I listened to Rush daily when I had radio reception for around 15 years. He informed us and educated us like no one else could. He was a strong voice for conservative values.
Godspeed Rush.
1 member likes this
by Der Ami
Der Ami
My late very good friend "Pappy'" was a retired machinist and taught me a lot about using the lathe, mill, surface grinder, etc. as well as life. Every day, he stopped whatever he was doing to listen to Rush. Pappy would have given anything to meet Rush, I guess now he has. BTY, Pappy turned me on to him too.
Mike
1 member likes this
by ed good
ed good
when i voted for barry goldwater in 1964, i was suspicious that i was a conservative...when i began listening to rush and imus in the eighties, that is when i knew it...have been a fan of both ever since...no one has yet to appear that can measure up to them, except maybe trump...
1 member likes this
by Lloyd3
Lloyd3
It's been a tough year....
1 member likes this
by John Roberts
John Roberts
Nothing political about honoring a great patriot and American hero. I dare this to be taken down for any reason.
JR
1 member likes this
by keith
keith
Rush Limbaugh understood how precious our Constitutional Rights are, and spent his career supporting the pro-2nd Amendment Conservatives who would work to preserve our freedoms. He urged President Trump to never compromise with the Democrats on gun rights. He was a strong supporter of the NRA. Although I never heard him say that he was a gun owner, a shooter, or a hunter, he had our backs... unlike some people right here. Rest in peace Rush. And thank you.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
1 member likes this
by Nudge
Nudge
He was a giant.

The legacy of logic, of informed, right thinking people that he left in his wake gives him a footprint in history larger than MOST U.S. presidents. And that's NOT hyperbole.

He should have a monument.

NDG
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.