April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ted Schefelbein, Jtplumb, graybeardtmm3, 1 invisible), 398 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,799
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
67galaxie, Geo. Newbern, Ghostrider, GLS, HomelessjOe, mc, Stanton Hillis
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...9&msg=2021+Dove+Season&font=slab

But ..........whose counting?
Liked Replies
by Geo. Newbern
Geo. Newbern
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
You ain't trying to weasel into Foxes spot are you George ?

Nah,jOe. Plenty of doves around my south GA area and I've been opening the dove season with the same guys for many years, some since we were in high school together about sixty years ago. Not near as many of us as there used to be but new generations make up the loss. I often hunt now with the kids of the kids who grew up around our home playing with my kids. I hope that my grandsons enjoy the same lifetime hunting camaraderie with my old friend's grandkids as my generation did with our old hunting buddies...Geo
3 members like this
by spring
spring
Hopefully they'll stick around. In our area with all of the agriculture, you can have a lot of birds one day on a corn field harvested in August, but when a neighbor pulls his peanuts, or who knows what in September, they're gone! smile
Good luck!
2 members like this
by Shotgunjones
Shotgunjones
I hope you have a GREAT season Stan.
1 member likes this
by HomelessjOe
HomelessjOe
Originally Posted by Shotgunjones
I hope you have a GREAT season Stan.
Me too Mrs jOnes
1 member likes this
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
ed, you can ruin a thread faster than a tomcat pissing on a face mask.

I do not go to dove shoots to drink, or bullshit. I go to test my mettle against hard, fast flying doves. I had rather eat them than a good steak. I don't go where the drinking and shooting are mixed. And I don't tolerate idiots and fools well. So, how about taking YOUR stupid garbage somewhere else.
1 member likes this
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
I don't wear face masks, I actually think they are silly, so I'll concede that was a poor comparison.

Don't live in S. Georgia, so you'll have to take that up with somebody else.

One thing for sure, yOu and ed can sure sidetrack a thread. I'll try to get this back on track.

Haven't decided which .410 will get the nod for opening day. jOe's favorite, the Yildiz ............

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Or his second favorite, the Dickinson ...........

Or, the FAIR Iside TG .............

1 member likes this
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
For a dove to be good to eat you have to like liver....or drinking beer.

Neither, for me. I hate liver but love doves. They taste nothing alike, IMO. I once ate 17 doves at one sitting, with nothing to drink but water.

Reminds me of Paul Newman's boast in the classic movie "Cool Hand Luke": I can eat fifty eggs....Geo

Big difference. I didn't plan on eating any certain amount, or brag on doing it. I know better. Ate 14 grilled ones once. Woulda eaten a full limit but we ran out too soon.
1 member likes this
by KY Jon
KY Jon
Stan I planted three fields this year. We have had too much rain and one field is just a poor example of a Dove field with weeds in sunflowers and corn stunted by too much water. The second field looks decent, with wheat waiting for strip mowing, sunflowers bending over with enormous heads and corn head high, for cover. The best field has everything growing like crazy with corn almost nine feet high. Now if only birds are around we should be in business. My countdown is sooner as September 1 is our start. Wish you and everyone here has a safe and bountiful season.
1 member likes this
by GLS
GLS
As long as we don't have a hurricane blow them out of here, we should a good opening. Dummy powerline is a quarter mile long and runs lengthways through a 30 acre field. Photo taken earlier this week. Gil
1 member likes this
by Run With The Fox
Run With The Fox
can we substitute grits for the pablum? RWTF I love grits..
1 member likes this
by Run With The Fox
Run With The Fox
Look closely and you'll see the sag in that powerline- what's the aprox. weight of a dove, by the way?
1 member likes this
by Run With The Fox
Run With The Fox
You Dixie based gents might find it interesting to read, or re-read Nash Buckingham's "The Dove"-- he talks about baiting, arbitrary distances or zones and what a nightmare that fiasco was to enforce, 1/2 day seasons (also might work for waterfowling too) and other sage bits of wisdom from De Shootin'ist G'entman hisownself>> RWTF
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.