A friend in Utah had a need of some 16 gauge ammunition, and I helped him out a bit. He sent a wonderful care package along, many thanks, Dustin.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

The package came while we, the boy and I, were at the gun club. There hasn’t been much good to report of late, but, I soldier on, trying to relearn the skill of shooting flying with my right shoulder and right eye. Today, however, something clicked, and the Remington 20 gauge LT 1100 that I have been using rewarded me for my efforts with a 19 and a 24, 16 yard trap scores. The 1100 is supremely pointable and low on recoil, something I am more susceptible to off the right side. I am literally re-learning to shoot.

Just maybe I can get this to work.

The wife volunteered at church, leaving dinner on me. I stuffed peppers, with my venison/turkey/chorizo meat mix. I pinched 4 burgers for dinner later this week, and got to work.

Pictures for Argo.

The mix, peppers, onion, chilies and garlic just after sautéing:

Rice, tomato paste and Clamato juice in the mix:

Peppers stuffed, topped with grated parmesan cheese, hitting a nice smoky grille in a pan with some water:

Ready to eat:

Deer season is on here, I don’t hunt birds while that is going on. If you are pursuing deer this month, best of luck to you.

Best,
Ted