April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (rtw, earlyriser, Ian Forrester, coosa, Lloyd3, 1 invisible), 876 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,819
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
Buzz, mc, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#611936 03/05/2022 5:47 PM
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
Anybody?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/925161550

Best,
Ted
Liked Replies
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
I thought it might be a listing from ed when I first saw it. Either that, or, there was something about 1975 Marlin 30-30s that I didn’t know about.

I get the “two idiot's at an auction” thing, but, the extra time involved in an internet auction seems to cool the jets, most of the time, on this particular brand of lunacy.

Most of the time.

Thanks.

Ted
1 member likes this
by PALUNC
PALUNC
Funny, I bought one back in the mid 70's at K Mart for $86. Your choice, 30-30 or 35 Remington.
1 member likes this
by Shotgunjones
Shotgunjones
References seem to indicate they only made 6 million of the model 336.

If 1% are in unused condition, that only leaves 60,000 for the serious Marlin collectors who must number in the hundreds.

What competition...

I have a pristine, mint, unused, genuine 870 Wingmaster for sale.

Bids start at $5,000.....
1 member likes this
by keith
keith
This was a very strange auction. And it is hard to believe that any two bidders are dumb enough to bid that much for a .30-30 Marlin that is by no means rare. The made in Belarus scope is certainly no Lieca either. The seller has 11 more guns on Gunbroker currently. It will be interesting to see if the same unusual activity happens again.

That said, the market for a lot of guns is quite strong. I'm seeing selling prices for common lever guns that I never imagined. Ohio was a shotgun or muzzleloader only deer hunting state. But they recently legalized straight wall cartridge guns, so demand for lever action guns in calibers like .45-70, .444 Marlin, .44 Magnum, etc. skyrocketed.

I just saw a Russian SKS sell for $900.00, and it was in the same condition as one I bought at a local flea market for $120.00 several years ago. Even those much maligned vintage 12 gauge field grade doubles are selling for a good deal more than they were 10 years ago. I keep waiting for sanity to return to the gun market, but prices keep rising.

I suppose that demand for guns and other consumer goods could soon change though, as everybody is becoming poorer each passing day due to Biden inflation, and stock markets dragging down their investments and 401-K's. Printing trillions of dollars and vastly expanding the money supply will do that. Today, Vladimir Putin was threatening that he could drive up the price of oil to $300.00 a barrel. Ted's prediction of $200.00 per barrel oil doesn't sound at all far-fetched now. Trump was smart enough to order topping off the Strategic Oil Reserve in March 2020 when prices fell. Now it is being drained to prop up Altzeheimer Joe's sagging poll numbers. Who could've saw that coming?
1 member likes this
by LeFusil
LeFusil
We’re all losing, you idiot.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.