April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (JBG, 1 invisible), 408 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,793
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
craigd, Entropy, John Roberts, keith, Mills, Stanton Hillis
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by arrieta2
arrieta2
I have a personal account on Ebay and Paypal. I sell a few non gun items and once in a while I sell a personal case or two or some used items. Well now both paypal and Ebay are requesting my social security#. if I sell $600 or more in a year they will report that as income to the IRS. Does not matter that it is my personal items, they still plan to report it. Its all reported as income. Even though it is not all profit and some is at a loss just to broom it out, it still gets reported as full income. Also, with all the data breaches I am very cautious about giving out my ss willy nilly as I have had my identity stolen twice.

I will expect gun broker will be next at this request

John Boyd
Liked Replies
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Use Amazon and eBay when you can benefit from them. You owe them nothing, they owe you nothing. When they no longer can provide a service worthy of your time someone will take their place who can.

Changes in their policies are not worth getting mad about. When they no longer provide you a worthy service, move on.
3 members like this
by Entropy
Entropy
I'll tax the street
(If you try to sit, sit) I'll tax your seat
(If you get too cold, cold) I'll tax the heat
(If you take a walk, walk) I'll tax your feet...

Some things never change.
2 members like this
by ClapperZapper
ClapperZapper
One of my associates goes to the Caribbean every winter from the second week of January until the end of March. It’s part of his agreement with the company, it’s no big deal.

When I asked how it was that he was able to accomplish that, He explained to me that his wife had an eBay business. And it was all PayPal.

Here is where the story got interesting.

It seems, she spends all of her time shopping thrift stores and rummage sales in the upscale suburban communities of south eastern Michigan.

She focuses on seasonal change over and leather goods, i.e., purses and shoes.

Her cash income is well into six figures.

As a person who pays his fair share of taxes, and doesn’t engage in elaborate schemes to avoid them, my preference is that those transactions are taxable.

It has become pretty obvious to me that the non-tax paying, income earning segment of our national workforce is growing exponentially.

Heck, you can go to the beach nowadays, and you will see entire families rolling coolers along selling bottles of water for two dollars apiece or more. Or the endless parade of restaurants that are cash only, because their computers are down.
1 member likes this
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by SKB
Thanks for that link Ted, a very good read.

Crazy how bad it had become and encouraging to read about the improvements, it also re-enforces my belief that we need regulation that both encourages growth and protects our environment.

Rivers on fire, that is an era we do not need to return to.

No matter how far it has come, it is still, and always will be, a dung pit under the control of the same political party for about a hundred years.

Best,
Ted

arrieta2
Your late to the game Stanton

Barter exchanges are required to file Form 1099-B, Proceeds From Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions. From the IRS website

See there is no escape

John
1 member likes this
by craigd
craigd
Yes, barter may be a work around, but it could be draining to fend off an audit. Among neighbors and at the local flea market it's maybe good stuff, but with unknown actors, interstate, involving flagged items, can-o-worms? Private face to face where legal is a beautiful and most American of things.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.