March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (BEY, ChiefAmungum, canvasback, FelixD, Dan R, 2 invisible), 385 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,987
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Thread Like Summary
KDGJ, Run With The Fox
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Argo44
Argo44
As the Reilly history continues to be edited, I'm leaning for an on-line publication, perhaps without a publishing house which means the 1000+ photos I've collected need to be vetted for copyright. Some of these photos are used in collages illustrating such things as changes in Reilly engraving or Damascus barrel patterns, some in dating the Reilly labels. And there are the UK newspaper ads and articles from the on-line UK archives.

I've written to Holts, Amoskeog, Rhode Island Auction asking whether their auction photos can be used in a book without permission or perhaps with blanket permission...if not I'll forward the specific sales brochure/item references to them which I've kept. But there are almost 40 auction house involved in this research, some of which do not respond to queries; some of which are no longer in business. Some of these are foreign gun-sales auction in Turkey, Sweden, German, Denmark, India, France, Italy, etc. This will take a lot of time. Some are from on-line gun sales sites such as Guns International, Gun Broker, Gun Trader, Gun Star, etc....and more often than not these on-line reference no longer are valid on those sites.

Do any of you have any experience in personally running down on-line photo copyrights? If I had a publisher, they would do this, and this might be a more appealing option. A couple of very prominent gun writers have made suggestions and are looking the text over. Many thanks for any advice.

Gene Williams
Liked Replies
by ed good
ed good
tony treadwell's fine book "vintage english shotguns, etc." was published by lulu...

https://www.lulu.com/shop/tony-trea...duct-1ggvkn8v.html?page=1&pageSize=4
1 member likes this
by Argo44
Argo44
Joanna Cote sent a very gracious email replying as to whether they might be interested in editing a book on Reilly. She said they will be involved for the next couple of years in editing their index to DGJ. She said the prospective book sounded like a great addition to their gun library though. Very classy people and their magazine, though now gone, is a historical record that will be consulted for years.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.