March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 888 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
eightbore, mc, Parabola, Run With The Fox, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#619039 09/05/2022 3:14 PM
by Hal M Hare
Hal M Hare
Is anyone else moving from shotgunning to hand gunning? I still enjoy shooting but find mobility issues are a concern--and indoor pistol ranges with A/C have an appeal.
Really enjoying league shooting here in Central Florida with carry guns. Anybody else afflicted?
Liked Replies
#619161 Sep 9th a 07:30 AM
by eightbore
eightbore
In two, my only two, altercations involving handguns, the attacker (assailant) continued to advance toward me until I pointed a revolver so that the assailant could see the bullets pointing toward his eyes. As Foxy mentions, seeing the bullets in the front of the cylinder puts a stop to most assaults by sane persons.
2 members like this
#619040 Sep 5th a 03:56 PM
by eightbore
eightbore
Hal, I can barely walk and can only stand for a few minutes at a time on a skeet range or sporting clays course. I use a gun cart and a dove stool on both courses. However, I am not going to quit shooting a shotgun, even though I have a nice little covey of handguns. I haven't shot my handguns in years, but may in the future. I shoot shotguns about three days a week, shot a Model 21 in a club 50 bird sporting clays event yesterday. Didn't win, but I wasn't winning when I could walk. I shot AA NSSA skeet with a few hours here and there in AAA. I shot strong B class International Skeet, even won a Silver and a Bronze at Tryouts. I shot USSCA before there was any NSCA, only quit registering my birds when I couldn't get a travelling companion. I loved the game, but it outran me. Very few of the early shooters are still in it. I would still be shooting flyers if someone would pay for them or I could win a race occasionally. All that is over now, but I am still shooting double barrel shotguns three days a week and enjoying it.
1 member likes this
#619044 Sep 5th a 06:49 PM
by skeettx
skeettx
Monday bench rest rifle
Tuesday Skeet, trap, crazy
Wednesday indoor pistol
Thur/Fri Hunt, fish or shoot
Saturday stay home and let those who work use the facilities
Sunday, Sunday School, Church, Jail Ministry

Most of all the above is in the morning and in the afternoons
I rest, play on the computer, and do honey-dos and RELOAD

Mike
1 member likes this
#619041 Sep 5th a 04:20 PM
by craigd
craigd
I have always liked revolvers, but turned pretty much decades to bird hunting, and a bit of clays. In recent years, the social agendas of the country's left has easily convinced me that the window for legally enjoying "carry" semiautos with interesting magazine capacities is likely closing. So, I find myself making room for pistol, pistol ammo, and reloading odds and ends aquiring. I am also a hundred percent convinced that young kids who are introduced to guns that wow them, are the ones that will eventually find their way to nice shotguns. This summer, we've run thousands of 9mm rounds for grandkids, and other young relatives who don't otherwise get the chance to shoot. Of course, then they want to shoot all sorts of other fun stuff.
1 member likes this
#619059 Sep 6th a 02:03 PM
by Walter C. Snyder
Walter C. Snyder
At 85 I'm enjoying precision .22 bench rest and .22 target pistol shooting. Still trying to get a round or two of trap and/or skeet in every week or two.
1 member likes this
#619167 Sep 9th a 10:13 AM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
It would be hard for me to imagine a much better trigger than is on my 1911 .45 ACP, which I carry in Condition One. My wife has a S & W "hammerless" revolver in .38 Special, which I keep stoked with +P ammo. I didn't want her to have to fumble with a safety under stress.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.