March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (eightbore), 827 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Thread Like Summary
67galaxie, bushveld, Cameron, Geo. Newbern, LGF, liverwort, Parabola, Run With The Fox, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#619135 09/08/2022 7:24 PM
by damascus
damascus
It is with some sadness that I inform you good people, that today the ninth of august that the united kingdom's Queen Elizabeth passed away. I am not a monarchist but she has been there for all my life so it is like losing the nations grandmother. Well she has been the longest reigning monarch in our last thousand years of history.
Liked Replies
#619175 Sep 9th a 07:05 PM
by Toby Barclay
Toby Barclay
Thank you all for your kind words. I, and a majority of my countrymen and women, are terribly sad about our loss.
Elizabeth II was a mother, grandmother and great grandmother to us all and will be greatly missed.
RIP
3 members like this
by eeb
eeb
During the Bicentennial here in Virginia I saw her in Charlottesville after her visit to Monticello. That’s Thomas Jefferson’s home for those of you in Rio Linda. Anyway as her motorcade passed me she looked right at me and waved her wave. It was great. I saw her again when she came to Richmond for the 400 anniversary of Jamestown. She was a great lady who devoted her life to the people of GB. End of an era.
2 members like this
#619179 Sep 9th a 10:26 PM
by mc
mc
I had read that Elizabeth was at a pheasant shoot and rung a wounded birds neck and some media went nuts on the next Sunday she had a pheasant feather in her hat and I thought what a great way to say stick it.she had a good run
2 members like this
#619180 Sep 9th a 10:41 PM
by Drew Hause
Drew Hause
Dignity, determination and devotion to duty, family and God
https://www.christianitytoday.com/n...h-ii-personal-faith-christian-bible.html

And she enjoyed a day afield

Helmington Estate, Suffolk, 1995

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Mark's reference, in 2000
https://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=82100&page=1

If one were a praying type, it would be worth praying for King Charles; that he will be up to the enormous responsibility. And for the British security services as they prepare for the funeral and Charles' coronation.
2 members like this
by Parabola
Parabola
We have lost a beloved Monarch.

The world has lost a wise, principled and exemplary leader, as well as a keen sportswoman.
1 member likes this
by liverwort
liverwort
God Bless Elizabeth. My sincere sympathy to all who loved her.
1 member likes this
by muchatrucha
muchatrucha
We lost a great Lady today. RIP.
1 member likes this
by von Falkenhorst
von Falkenhorst
Regina mortua est, vivat rex.

Ioannes K.B.
1 member likes this
#619162 Sep 9th a 09:40 AM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
As the Bible words it concerning the kings of Israel ......... "and she rested with her fathers". May that rest be peaceful. My condolences to all her countrymen.

The world needs more leaders who possess the dignity and grace she exhibited. And, while we're at it, a few more tough ladies like the Iron Maiden, Maggie Thatcher. You Brits did well in both those two.

Long live the king.
1 member likes this
#619184 Sep 10th a 12:52 AM
by spring
spring
The Qu@@n as a Sportswoman

And she learned how to shoot at a young age.... for a different reason.

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]
1 member likes this
#619187 Sep 10th a 01:22 PM
by GLS
GLS
I was having dawn coffee with my mom this morning and we talked about the Q ueen's death and were both saddened by it. My grandmother, a native Bermudian, daughter of a Bermuda farmer, instilled in mom a love of the monarchy. Mom has been flying the Bermuda flag in recognition of the loss. Gil

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
1 member likes this
#619192 Sep 10th a 02:40 PM
by lagopus
lagopus
The end of an era and the beginning of a new one. Whether Royalist or not she was without doubt one of the world's greatest Diplomats.

As for Charles; he is a keen Countryman and a keen conservationist. A friend of mine actually taught him the art of Hedgelaying which is something he does for outdoor recreation.

I recall being in the village of Ballater some few years ago which is the village closest to Balmoral Castle when HMQ (we'll see if that's censored!) did a ceremony to dedicate a new bridge in the village. The 'walkabout' was only really something that the locals knew about. I was there on holiday and a coach load of American tourists just happened by pure chance to be there also. Judging by the comments it sort of made the whole trip. I have faith in the new King doing a good job but I think that when William's turn comes that he will make our greatest Monarch. Lagopus.....
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.