January
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Der Ami, muchatrucha, sandlapper, SKB, lagopus), 108 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics37,218
Posts526,196
Members14,246
Most Online462
Aug 5th, 2016
Thread Like Summary
Run With The Fox
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#619248 09/12/2022 1:35 PM
by ed good
ed good
For Sale... A 12 gauge light bird gun, built on an Anson & Deeley type action, that weighs just 6 1/3 pounds. The 26" barrels are choked ic and imp mod. 2 3/4 " chambers with excellent bores...Automatic ejectors, double triggers...14 1/2" length of pull over checkered wood. Drops are 1 1/2 and 2 1/4 inches...And yes, it weighs just 6 1/3 pounds...Serial #76xx...Top rib is engraved John Dickson & Son Gunmakers Edinburgh...Birmingham proofs...Like new condition...Looks unfired..$4500, shipped in Jeff's canvas case...See GI ad for images...

When I was young i could not afford such a gun like this...Now that i am old and can afford it, alas I am too feeble to use it...If you can, dont let that happen to you...

As always, say you saw it here, so Dave gits paid...
Liked Replies
#619342 Sep 14th a 03:31 PM
by battle
battle
You have a gun for sale but no pics? Ok good luck with that...
1 member likes this
#619351 Sep 14th a 11:36 PM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Ed is in a "league of his own". Not many applying for acceptance I'll bet.
1 member likes this
#620049 Oct 2nd a 08:20 AM
by ed good
ed good
yeah, not only dat, but duh gon is solt...
1 member likes this
#620098 Oct 3rd a 04:42 AM
by keith
keith
Originally Posted by battle
Deflect? You're the one who is deflecting. Everyone knows who's guns you were referring to. Stop the BS.

I very specifically referred to two guns that were listed for sale without photos. Nothing more. It made no difference to me who listed them. I made zero mention of who listed them.

The issue was the fact that you targeted Ed's advertisement twice for the great sin of not having photos (even though it was very simple to see ten nice clear photos in the GI listing... had you really been interested in something aside from being snarky.) If a lack of photos was really important to you, then I believe you would have made similar snarky comments in SKB's ads, and many other ads listed by others that appear here without photos. Vol423 often lists guns here without photos, and we don't see your snarky comments in his listings. So don't lecture me about BS. We can see where the BS is coming from.

But seriously, the intrusions by you, Replacement, and nhunter were instrumental to the real point I wished to make. And that real point is the total silence and lack of whining and crying from those fakers who would be e-mailing Dave and demanding censorship, or outright bans if jOe or one of their other enemies had done the very same thing. I wanted him to see the phony games they play, and how they attempt to play him for a fool. If manners, politeness, civility, and strict adherence to the rules is really important to them, then it should be important 100% of the time with no exceptions.

Thank you so much for helping to illustrate that perfectly! And a big thanks to Ed for patiently allowing me to again illuminate the whole hypocritical double standard. It would be much nicer if Ed could just sell his guns in peace, and simply pay Dave when his ads result in a sale here. But I'm happy to continue to comment when I see folks like you saying one thing, and doing another.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2022 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.