March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Owenjj3, NCTarheel, gunmaker, 3 invisible), 381 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,006
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Thread Like Summary
Tamid
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by claydog
claydog
I just recently obtained this Flues. Based on the serial and other markings it's a 1915 field grade 1 1/2
Serial 258811. All numbers match.
The markings on the underside of barrels indicate FULL and IC (4 and 1) I believe.

Their is NO rust or pitting anywhere the barrels , Bores are absolutely spotless, and see no evidence of any cracks anywhere(wood or frame).
THe barrels are marked 'Krupp Fluid STeel'

I obtained this with the plan of shooting it periodically, primarily at 'Vintage' clay events etc.

Having never had a SxS , let alone a 100+ year old one smile I have a few questions, if anyone has any input it's greatly appreciated.
Based on what I know of the history of this gun(and I know the family I purchased it from), it's been in the family since it was new.
It was the 'grandfathers', and was passed down to the Dad, then the Son. Neither of the last two ever fired the gun, and as near as anyone is aware there
has never been any modifications.

Does anyone know what the chamber length is in this gun. I have a hunch it's either 2 1/2 or 2 5/8 based on what info I can find, but not sure.?
(I am going to acquire a gauge and measure it, but just curious.)

I've read much(often conflicting) information on these Flues from this era, and it appears that they can be fired with the PROPER modern ammunition?
Specifically light, low pressure loads?

The gun locks up tight. But, when open, there is a barely noticeable movement. (so small I didn't even actually notice it the first few times I opened and closed it.
Is this an issue to worry about?

Thanks in advance
Liked Replies
by JNW
JNW
I shoot my grandpa’s 1915 16 gauge Flues a bit. I had the head of the stock glass bedded, which I do to all the shotguns I keep. This will give 100% contact between the stock and receiver making it much less likely to crack. I also shoot modest reloads at 1200fps in this gun. A few are 7/8oz, but most are 3/4oz. I like my Flues because it’s a family gun, but it does shoot and handle well. I just treat it gently. I have other sxs guns for pounding targets.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.