March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (NZHunter, L. Brown, LGF, SKB), 230 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Thread Like Summary
Buzz, coosa, David Williamson, ithaca1, John Roberts, keith, Lloyd3, mc, Robt. Harris, Run With The Fox, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#621777 11/10/2022 8:40 PM
by Lloyd3
Lloyd3
Well, the election is over and the results are mixed at best. At least it looks like a divided government for the next 2-years so... very little actually will get done now. The should stabilize things for a while anyway. Time to re-examine my holdings and see what I'm willing to part with. I'm having a hard time moving-on the practical stuff to acquire something less-practical but more aesthetic. However, it's looking like now or never for me in many ways. Wish my crystal ball worked better...
Liked Replies
#621784 Nov 10th a 09:45 PM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by ed good
as for the election, thank goodness its over...

It's not over for everybody. The incompetents in AZ are still counting ............ What a mess.

We've got to have a runoff election here to decide between Warnock and Walker.

Just because it's over for you doesn't mean it is for everybody.
4 members like this
#621782 Nov 10th a 09:32 PM
by ksauers1
ksauers1
The stupidity drift is more accurate. How anyone can vote for a democrat is beyond me
4 members like this
#621825 Nov 11th a 03:46 PM
by Mills
Mills
If the government doesn't do anything for a few years, that is fine with me
3 members like this
#621829 Nov 11th a 04:48 PM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by Buzz
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis

It's not over for everybody. The incompetents in AZ are still counting ............ What a mess.

I just hope you Georgians make sure Herschel Walker wins.

We're trying, Buzz. I'm hopeful. Usually, if an incumbent can't win in the general election he won't win the runoff. Fingers crossed.
2 members like this
#621847 Nov 11th a 10:32 PM
by KY Jon
KY Jon
mc what makes you think they want to verify anything?
2 members like this
#621871 Nov 12th a 03:14 PM
by John Roberts
John Roberts
Originally Posted by lonesome roads
Hillis and Roberts as political analysts. No wonder the Republicans are fooked.

Hi,Ted!

https://babylonbee.com/news/man-pretending-to-be-woman-visits-man-pretending-to-be-president
So satisfying knowing Stan and I get under your Democrat skin.
JR
2 members like this
#621879 Nov 12th a 08:05 PM
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by FallCreekFan
Most of us would probably judge Newt as a pretty astute political type. I see he’s out this morning saying, “I’ve never been as wrong as I was this year.” “It makes me challenge every model I’m aware of, and realize that I have to really stop and spend a good bit of time thinking and trying to put it all together.” He thought, as did leaders on both sides, that inflation and crime and the border would swing elections coast to coast. They didn’t.

To me the factors already mentioned all played a part in the outcomes. The one that shocked me, though, was the impact of abortion. The evening after the election I saw a Democratic analyst state that single American women, regardless of party affiliation, broke +37 points for the pro choice/pro abortion candidate. The next day I spoke with a good friend who’s single and he said that didn’t surprise him at all. All the women he knows are concerned about crime and the economy but the single most important issue to them is having a means to have their babies killed if they choose.

As for trading freedom for security, Mr. Franklin already “nailed” that one.
“Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Ben Franklin

And as for seeing bigger government as the answer,
“A government that is big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take everything you have.” Thomas Jefferson

On reflection, I see I don’t really know and understand the majority of Americans like I thought I did.

The schools have been conquered by the left. It happened over the last 50 years. The public schools became Godless, soulless empires of the teachers unions, that drove the dumbing down and results free end result of a “free” public education. That is how people today consider having the “right” to kill their spawn more significant than the economic reality of an inflation rate of 10%, year over year, that if it continues will render their future wages irrelevant.

You got what you paid for.

I was in 7th grade in 1973, in a social studies class that had a pair of lunatic leftists team teaching two classes. I clearly remember the indoctrination of how the pilgrims practiced communism upon their arrival, and what a wonderful and benevolent system it was. My Dad took the time to read my notes, and pointed out that the system of communism was very quickly abandoned after it was discovered that some people on the frontier would allow others to produce for them, up to the point of death. The system that replaced what they started with looked very much like a capitalist endeavor as we know it, and the leadership quickly realized it was working vastly better than what had been in place.

The teachers never mentioned that. When I did, supported by data from the Junior High School library, I got an hour of principle’s detention over it.

My public school education was NOT the education my Father received at St. Paul Mechanic Arts High School, circa 1948. Nobody I know would try to argue that fact, but, they are oddly accepting of it, for some reason.

I pulled my kid out of the public schools and started him in a private, Catholic High School (Thanks, Lloyd for leading by example). We aren’t Catholic. But, my kid is now an A student at a school with a solid reputation for excellence and a wonderful grasp of college prep.

You younger guys with kids, just a few of you, here, I know, had better give this some clear eyed thought. What passes for education in the public school system, today, in the United States, is considered incomplete and unacceptable in most of the third world.

Best,
Ted
2 members like this
#621840 Nov 11th a 09:23 PM
by KY Jon
KY Jon
What cost the Republicans is that they are still running their elections like it is 1995. Do well late and finish with a strong election day turnout, but by then the election is over. The problem is in some state they start collection ballots and voting weeks before the election day and the Democrats have a big on the ground element, to get the votes in early. Do not forget, if they vote a month before the election, they can not change that vote and we saw that in PA. The Senate candidate was a disaster in the single, late debate, but it did not matter. Too many votes were already cast for him. The Republicans need to figure out how to get a early voter turnout with these drop off ballots or they will never win any elections in the key battle ground states.
1 member likes this
#621851 Nov 11th a 11:09 PM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by Lawrence Kotchek
overturning Rowe by the supreme court killed the Republicans in the mid-terms and it might in the next election as well.

I strongly disagree.
1 member likes this
#621855 Nov 12th a 12:46 AM
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by Lawrence Kotchek
overturning Rowe by the supreme court killed the Republicans in the mid-terms and it might in the next election as well. Most of the country is some version of centrist and pro-choice and it rallied the Dems and more importantly the middle

Not saying you are wrong, but, it seems to me the red states got redder, and the blue states got bluer. It appears the house and the senate will be republican controlled, which, should limit how much gets done, or spent.

This is a good thing. States that take a week to count votes, not such a good thing.

Best,
Ted
1 member likes this
#621850 Nov 11th a 11:05 PM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by coosa
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis

Stan, do you think the new election law in GA that Biden compared to Jim Crow will result in the runoff being a fair election?

I wouldn't bet my life on it. The radical wing of the Dems are very conniving. But, I think it's a big step in the right direction. I know this ....... the polls and polling procedures are being watched much more closely. This runoff has big implications for our nation.

Thank God (and I have numerous times) the governor's race went the way it did!
1 member likes this
#621884 Nov 12th a 10:30 PM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
We put both our boys through 13 years of private school, before higher education. Not Catholic school, but a private school run by a board of elected directors. We did it by hard work and frugality, not with inherited "old money". That school has always been open to any race, creed or color. But, it is Christian based, and it ain't cheap. We sacrificed an awful lot, monetarily, to do that. The first year our oldest son was in college it cost us more to keep the younger son in private school than it did to keep the oldest in college. But, we were secure in knowing that our boys were being taught by people who had their best interest at heart, not some political agenda, at least through high school. Most of the teachers gave up higher paying teaching jobs in the public schools to teach there, because they believed in it. Prayer has always been in the classroom there. Lest I be misunderstood, let me be perfectly clear on one thing ......... I don't regret it and would do it all over again. Some things are more important than money. It's just a shame it ever came to this.

Some 10 years ago, or so, news pundits of all persuasions were decrying the fact that our nation had gotten too polarized, as if it were a terrible thing. The assumption was that both sides were somehow to blame for this. I sorted through it very quickly and determined that polarization of our nation is a normal occurrence when one side becomes more and more radical in their platform beliefs. The conservative right always believed in freedom of religion, they (we) didn't change. They (we) always believed in the right of life for the unborn child, we didn't change. We always believed in limiting the power of the federal government, and in state's rights, we didn't change. We always believed that the Second Amendment wasn't negotiable, that it meant what it said and was/is the basis for freedom as opposed to tyranny, we didn't change. Polarization, at this point, is the only hope for our nation's survival, IMO. If the conservative, constitutionalist right compromises and moves left, so that we aren't "so polarized", all hope is lost. We must stand our ground and never, ever give an inch. The Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the Holy Bible are our standards, and they can never be allowed to be compromised.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.