March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Jimmy W, ksauers1, mel5141, fallschirmjaeger, 2 invisible), 809 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
Birdog, BrentD, Prof, CJF, earlyriser, Geo. Newbern, GLS, graybeardtmm3, John Roberts, MattH, Mills, nca225, Parabola, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#622530 11/24/2022 2:13 PM
by FallCreekFan
FallCreekFan
Trusting that whatever today holds that gratitude felt and gratitude expressed will be a central part.
A Happy Thanksgiving to each of you.
Liked Replies
#622563 Nov 24th a 09:38 PM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
We fed ten for lunch. Slow grilled turkey breasts, macaroni/cheese casserole, baked whole green beans wrapped with bacon, dressing, black-eyed peas, yeast rolls, pumpkin and pecan pies. All good, and a wonderful time with family.

My wife took this pic during lunch.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
8 members like this
#622580 Nov 25th a 03:12 AM
by Argo44
Argo44
Sort of the calm before the storm in a "French country kitchen" setting since there were only four of us. Turkey has been sliced, stuffing, gravy, green beans, sweet-potatoes, mashed potatoes....hard to keep everything hot. Topped off with one of the best French Rosé wines I've found (rivaling the private stock of an Algerian Ambassador 33 years ago). Happy Thanksgiving you all...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
7 members like this
#622575 Nov 25th a 01:10 AM
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
Nice Smokey fire in the Weber, under the rotisserie:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

End results. 17 pounds of tasty- Charcoal, Apple wood, hickory, salt pepper:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Nothing more to say.

Best,
Ted
4 members like this
#622549 Nov 24th a 04:24 PM
by Der Ami
Der Ami
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I hope you all have good cornbread dressing with the meat of your choice, sweet potato souffle, pecan pie, yeast rolls, and whatever sides the women bring.
Mike
2 members like this
#622577 Nov 25th a 02:14 AM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by nca225
What is that 3, 4 generations of Hillis’s at the table Stan? Man that’s the best part of Thanksgiving. Looks like a great feast with family and more good memories.

Three generations, Chris. Thanks for asking. The little 4 yr. old Kate, seated at the left between the young lady and the guy in the rear, is our granddaughter. The two guys in caps on either side of her are her, much older, step brothers. She is very special to us. She is the first girl born to a Hillis man, in my line, in 97 years. And, you're right. Family gathering together and remembering what we have to be thankful for IS the best part of Thanksgiving.

It was a great day for us. I sincerely hope yours was, too.
2 members like this
#622711 Nov 28th a 05:07 PM
by Bob Cash
Bob Cash
Now that ThanksGiving is over, time to have a Club Sandwich!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
2 members like this
#622532 Nov 24th a 02:30 PM
by Jtplumb
Jtplumb
Happy thanksgiving! God bless all of you.
1 member likes this
#622537 Nov 24th a 03:02 PM
by skeettx
skeettx
To God be the Glory
Great things He has done
1 member likes this
#622564 Nov 24th a 10:21 PM
by Karl Graebner
Karl Graebner
Stan,
You set a wonderful looking table, it looks very festive! Warm wishes to you and your family.
Karl
1 member likes this
#622570 Nov 24th a 11:30 PM
by Karl Graebner
Karl Graebner
Stan,
We had smoked turkey at my son's, nice to give his mom & I a break. Grousemas opens again in December, can't wait!
Karl
1 member likes this
#622573 Nov 25th a 12:56 AM
by nca225
nca225
What is that 3, 4 generations of Hillis’s at the table Stan? Man that’s the best part of Thanksgiving. Looks like a great feast with family and more good memories.
1 member likes this
#622582 Nov 25th a 05:25 AM
by nca225
nca225
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by nca225

Three generations, Chris. Thanks for asking. The little 4 yr. old Kate, seated at the left between the young lady and the guy in the rear, is our granddaughter. The two guys in caps on either side of her are her, much older, step brothers. She is very special to us. She is the first girl born to a Hillis man, in my line, in 97 years. And, you're right. Family gathering together and remembering what we have to be thankful for IS the best part of Thanksgiving.

It was a great day for us. I sincerely hope yours was, too.

Thank you for asking Stan, mine was little more low key than usual. The wife went to her parents for dinner. I stayed behind with my sister and enjoyed a "smallish" meal with my elderly mother. Dad's been gone for a bit and she misses him, so we've been staying with her.

I have to admit, seeing the smiles encompassing your table made me think of many past meals at ours. Good times.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.