May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (Marks_21, Birdog, graybeardtmm3, Lawrence Kotchek, 3 invisible), 329 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,381
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
campero, LeFusil, lonesome roads, Parabola, Run With The Fox, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by AaronN
AaronN
I recently acquired a set of postcards showcasing a pinfire double. I imagine those depicted would be disappointed if they tried to load the shells in the bandolier into the gun!

They were printed by Albert Bergeret et Cie, a top collotype company of the time.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]
Il est raté, c'est regrettable,
Il en est quitte pour la peur,
Mais je m'en console, que diable,
Car l'an prochain il est probable
Qu'il aura doublé de grosseur !

Fallait-il avoir une "couche",
Pour avoir brûlé mes cartouches
Jusqu'à la dernière... pour rien !
Maint' nant voilà l'gibier qui vient.

Dix francs! mâtin ! c'est une somme!
C'est bien un peu cher; mais enfin,
Dans le carnier çà pose un homme,
Je vais passer pour un malin!

Mon mari m'a dit : « De la chasse,
Tu n'rapport'ras rien ! » Quelle audace,
Je t'apporte toujours ceci,
Mon p'tit mari!

J'adore la chasse à l'affût,
Mais le gibier qu'ici je guette,
C'est... mon cousin! Et dans le but
D'achever ici set conquête

Ohé! chasseurs et chasseresses !
Je aus cherchais partout en vain;
Heureusement qu'en ma détresse
J'ai ju retrouver mon cousin!

Moi, je ne tue pas les lapins,
Je montre autrement mon adresse,
Comme vous voyez, je les dresse,
Les plus gros et les plus malins!
Liked Replies
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by Argo44
Sorry Ted; You're thinking about some other country.

Gene

He may be, but he's got the teeth part right, according to the pics. Matter of fact, they're all a queer looking lot.
3 members like this
by Argo44
Argo44
Sorry Ted; You're thinking about some other country.

Gene
1 member likes this
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
Gene,
Relax. The Frenchmen were in on the joke. In fact, that line came from one of them.

I suspect that Richard directed that dig at Herve’, being that Richard was from the south of France, Herve’ was most definitely not, and Richard never missed an opportunity to tell us that. No different than an Iowa joke, around here. We all laughed, loudly, at it. But, for whatever reason, on that night, in that town, it was absolutely true. We laughed about it later that night, too.

The median age in that part of France was about 58 at that time. Societal factors were at play, but, three single guys were out there, trying, and having fun with it.

Neither gunmaker ever married, as far as I know. Wasn’t from lack of trying.

We know your French wife is beautiful. But, she wasn’t there that night.

Best,
Ted
1 member likes this
by lonesome roads
lonesome roads
Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
Je suis de accord, Monsuier! Je me trouve tres bien ici et Je hussier alons le femmes sans le metier. Le Reynard!!

Having spent a week in Kwee-beck I can translate for you non parlay-voo Fran-say folks.

Two Frogs and un Amerloque walk into a bar in France full of snaggletooth dames and nobody gets lucky.

1 member likes this
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
Let me clarify that for you Ted-- savate, as practiced by Jean Claude Van Dam- utilizes your feet in self defense scenario--when your wife plants her foot with a solid thrust right into a attackers family jewels- that is savate, or fighting with the feet, as well as hands, elbows, other techniques used to discourage the predators who look to prey upon decent folks. RWTF

Huh. Not sure why it would occur to me to use my feet, when there is a .357 stuck in my waistband.

Whatever works, I guess.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this
by keith
keith
Pretty insulting posts you all. So you can see plenty of Americans in New Orleans and they all were fat. There are French readers of this site.

My wife at the age of 70....no dark skin, no dark hair, no dark eyes, teeth in good repair like Americans with dental care.

So you are complaining about insults to people, and in the same sentence you are insulting all Americans in New Orleans? I guess that's OK in your mind... something like the times you insulted the residents of the entire state of Tennessee in order to denigrate one guy you don't like.

And what happened to all of the whining posts you have made here concerning off-topic banter, because you felt it was so inappropriate on this "shotgun engineering board"? Why do you think you are exempt from that?

You seem pretty thin skinned concerning a rather benign observation about the appearance of French women. From the photo you posted of your wife, we cannot tell anything about her teeth and eye color. Nor do we care. And pretty much any woman who is 70 years old has mostly gray hair unless she is getting her color from a bottle.

Does she know that you are posting her photo here because you are losing your shit over an innocent comment Ted made?

Son was bullied in HS because of his French heritage and I have difficulty abiding abuse.

Seriously, I think we all can see why your son was bullied in school, and it had nothing to do with his French heritage...
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.