April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (bushveld, 1 invisible), 1,133 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,146
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
BrentD, Prof, graybeardtmm3, mc, Stanton Hillis, susjwp, tw
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#638548 12/04/2023 12:31 PM
by PALUNC
PALUNC
Liked Replies
#638796 Dec 7th a 07:55 PM
by damascus
damascus
I did find myself suppressed by the remark that one of the contributors made about the length of the hair by one of the men in the video. I can only assume that person prefers military short back and sides hair cut though less genius he may have Male pattern baldness. Now one thing in common we Brits have with our German cousins is a strong historic military re-enactment enjoyed by many. So to give him the benefit of the doubt he may be a member of that group like myself, now this may come as a bit of a shock, that yours truly has hair as long or may be longer than his also I have in a pony tail or top Knot and is not grey with no dye involved, even though I would like to see my seventy fifth birthday again . Yes I am a member of the "sealed knot" society (just google it) the re-enactment is from British history the Cromwell era and long hair was the norm in those times. Now every three years I have my hair cut off and I donate it to a charity "Little Princess Trust" who provide wigs for young girls who have lost theirs due to cancer chemotherapy. Well you "goby fart" you know who I am referring to, a bit of advice "engage brain before opening ones mouth" and never judge a book by its cover.

Ernie aka Damascus
3 members like this
#638631 Dec 5th a 02:50 AM
by Hugh Lomas
Hugh Lomas
The Gent with the Pony Tail is speaking German most of the time. As he adresses the camera he speaks native German, when talking to the loader etc he speaks English.
1 member likes this
#638629 Dec 5th a 02:43 AM
by tw
tw
Great to see those gents having a bloody good time w/some old iron kept in high condition being put to its intended use. Thank you for sharing that w/us!
1 member likes this
#638740 Dec 7th a 01:38 AM
by CJO
CJO
Originally Posted by Hugh Lomas
The Gent with the Pony Tail is speaking German most of the time. As he adresses the camera he speaks native German, when talking to the loader etc he speaks English.

First thing he opens with:

“ A very big part of the hunting tradition we now surround ourselves with comes from the British Isles and British hunters”

He’s speaking Danish Hugh…

CJ
1 member likes this
#638855 Dec 8th a 06:13 PM
by Steve Nash
Steve Nash
As someone with a long silver ponytail, I have to say something...

Great to see people enjoying themselves with old guns. Put someone in the group with a pin-fire, firing three or more shots to everyone else's, and it would take you back to the 1850s. It is easy to see the part horror, part jealousy, that some would have felt to the new invention!

Thanks for posting the video.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.