April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (earlyriser, dogon, Fudd, Der Ami, 2 invisible), 634 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,476
Posts545,177
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
CJF, Stanton Hillis, susjwp
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by SDH-MT
SDH-MT
Check out these hour long interviews with professional British and American Gunmakers hosted by Swiss born and trained Gunmaker Reto Buehler and his son Alex Buehler. Great for long drives or workshop entertainment. Presented on Spotify (no membership required)
https://open.spotify.com/show/08i5aFjWnKACOG3bWCcJXD
Liked Replies
by SDH-MT
SDH-MT
I'm glad you fellows are enjoying the podcasts, I'll pass this on to Reto. Personally, I enjoyed being included and the experience of the interview. Reto stayed with a same basic questions for much and the different, or similar answers point to some of the nuances of the trade. The fact that all of these guys are fulltime, what I call career gunmakers reflects on the attitude of many in the trade. Having spent much of my career attempting to document the guns, gunmakers and procedures I find this medium and its content to be a wonderful avenue for preserving information about this era of American Custom gunmakers.

As for part-time makers and pensioned retirees, if they do good work and charge living wage prices most of us wouldn't have any issues. Some, mainly stockmakers have made it very difficult for others as they chronically undercut prices. Some doing very high quality work at 1/2 or 2/3s what a career guy has to charge to stay in business. I heard about one fellow who bragged when retiring a while back that he had never raised his prices in the last half of his production. He had a very well paying straight job with a healthy pension waiting at the end. As for survival of the trade, I believe there will always be guys who are compelled to create fine firearms. What I say about myself is that when I found out a guy could actually create a custom gun there was nothing else in the world that I wanted to do.
Hagn actioned 6.5x55
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Low Wall Winchester 17HMR
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
2 members like this
by bsteele
bsteele
I’ve listened to a few of these and they are very well done! Thanks for the tip Steven.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.