May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (AWOLF, KDGJ, ClapperZapper, MattH, bushveld, 1 invisible), 702 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,601
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
canvasback, graybeardtmm3, Licensed to kill, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#645015 03/31/2024 12:00 PM
by Nitrah
Nitrah
I had carpal tunnel surgery on Wed. All went ok until Wed evening as the numbness wore off and it was too late to get the pain med prescription filed. I try to avoid taking pills if at all possible and the nurse had said I might be able to get by with Advil. Now I have had 4 knee surgeries including complete replacement and 2 foot surgeries and the pain with this when the numbness wore off was off the charts. As a friend explained it kind of makes sense since you have a lot of nerves in your hand. I got on the pain meds as soon as I could and after three days completely off them, but that first day it was like my hand was on fire with no relief. Hope to be back shooting in 4 weeks.
Liked Replies
by Lloyd3
Lloyd3
James:

Be thankful that you do have a few hens clucking about. Recovering alone wouldn't be much fun.

Licenced to kill: That looks frightful!
2 members like this
#645017 Mar 31st a 12:25 PM
by canvasback
canvasback
I'm just recovering from gall bladder surgery. This past Tuesday. Can't really complain because I'm 65 and it's the first time I've ever been in a hospital or had any kind of surgery. Have not been on any pain meds since 24 hrs after the procedure and that was Tylenol which they said was more for inflammation than for pain.

The closest thing I can liken to how this has felt is if I was suddenly forced to do 300 sit-ups and now I'm dealing with the late onset muscle soreness. Annoying as hell but if you don't move, nothing hurts. However, I know I know I'm supposed to stay mobile so Daly has been getting lots of short walks.

I live alone so that means I've been fussed over by the women in my life, my two sisters, my ex and a couple other lady friends. The hardest part of the whole thing has been keeping those people separate from each other. Hahaha!
1 member likes this
by graybeardtmm3
graybeardtmm3
i carpentered for much of my work life....and, can tell you with some experience that power tools have no conscience....

best regards,

tom
1 member likes this
by Licensed to kill
Licensed to kill
I don't run a guard on any of my grinders as they get in the way. Have had many zip cuts blow apart over the years. Never been a problem other than ruining a perfectly good disk (however I DO wear a face shield when using them). However, in this case, I was at a neighbours [lace helping hi install a set of sprayer booms that he purchased from me. The ease on one of the rams would not fit and the mounting pedestals needed to be ground a bit. He suggested just grinding the ram eye but I suggested grinding the mount instead so should the ram fail and need replacing, the replacement would slip right in. He went to his shop and came back with an angle grinder with about an 8" zip cut disc (on a 5" grinder) as it was the only disc he had big enough to read into where the grinding needed to take place. When I saw that I thought "that looks like an accident waiting to happen" and said "I'll do it" since I have had a LOT of experience with zip cuts. Of course, zip cuts are NOT made to grind on the flat but to cut on the edge (and they don't grind well at all anyways) AND I knew that that 8" disk was NOT made to run at the RPM that a 5" grinder runs at. I started to grind, feathering the trigger to keep the RPM down and to putting much pressure on the disk. Took a LONG time to get much grinding done (didn't need to take much off anyways). Last try-fit suggested that I only needed to remove a few thou to get a fit so went back to it. I must have lost patience because I started to keep the power on a bit longer allowing the disk to gain RPM. As I took the grinder away from the work, I inadvertently kept my finger on the trigger and as soon as the disk cleared the work and came to full RPM, the disk shattered. If I was alone, I would have bled out in just a few minutes. Even if I was wearing high cuff welding gloves it would have likely prevented the damage. As it was, since I was not at home I was not even wearing my usual face shield. Plat stupid games, win stupid prizes. That was a year ago last Oct (so about a year and a half ago). Still have no feeling in the outside of my left hand. If it had been my right hand, THAT would have been a REAL problem. I consider myself VERY lucky.
1 member likes this
by eightbore
eightbore
Graybeardtmm, I can't give you any sympathy or advice about power tools, but I can give you a suggestion about operating a hammer gun. Don't cock the right hammer first. Cock the left hammer on the flush or on the mount, and the right hammer will be much easier to cock for the second shot because you don't have to reach across the gun to cock it.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.