doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: dogon RBL Delivery Question - 11/08/06 02:02 AM
Has anyone seen or heard of an RBL delivered that was a deposit order,or has all of them delivered so far been paid in full orders.

I'm not trying to start something, just curious!
Posted By: Chuck H Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/08/06 02:45 AM
I haven't heard of one yet. My order is a deposit order placed in Sept '05 and I haven't had "the call" yet. 'hopin for the '07 season now, as I've pretty much given up on '06. I simply can't find a thing to shoot.
Posted By: Gerald A. Mele Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/08/06 03:40 AM
Don't feel bad, my Nov paid for order has been made either

Jerry
Posted By: BPGuy Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/08/06 12:24 PM
It seems like I read somewhere that CSMC is going to ship all the orders placed by the end of 12/05 that were paid in full before shipping any orders that were "only" held with a deposit. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, especially when people who paid in full on day one are still awaiting their guns...
Posted By: Zircon Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/09/06 01:40 PM
There's no telling what's going on. There are PIF orders being shipped from early October 2005 order dates, while a bunch of us PIF in Sept. 2005 have yet to see our guns.

Here is just two examples, there are more:

http://bbs.shootingsportsman.com/viewtopic.php?t=31377

http://bbs.shootingsportsman.com/viewtopic.php?t=31042
Posted By: Bill G. Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/09/06 03:42 PM
I went to CSMC a couple of weeks ago with a friend who wanted to look at the Parker Repro's. I saw the RBL's while I was there and thought they were very nice guns. I believe that most will be quite satisfied with the gun. When I asked about my order (held with a "deposit only" on 9/28/05) I was told that it was likely in the shop now. Then I told them it was a deposit order they told me that only paid in full orders are being worked on at this time but that they were delivering about 50 gun per week. Lou would not give me a straight answer when I asked when they would be getting to deposit orders. He told me that I should just forget about the gun and that one day I would get a call from Carol in the front office that my order is ready.

Lou is a very alouf, and quick talking type of person. He will give you a quick one line statement and then just simply refuse to answer any follow up questions. He did tell me that they would be discontinuing the RBL in its presant form and moving on to a new project. When I asked what that might be or when it would happen he simply said "I don't know yet". If you ask any details about anything you get the same type of answers.

While I applaud CSMC for making an "American" made gun and would like to own one I really do not like their customer relations style. If my gun gets done soon or never I really do not care. I dont feel as if they really care about me as a customer. When I pressured Lou about the schedule and said that I thought it was taking along time he told me that they would gladly refund my deposit with interest. Some will say what more could you ask of a company. I just think it's rude. I didn't ask for a refund I just wanted to know when I might be getting my gun. I personally think that they have a lot of orders and that they are having trouble keeping production up. If all was good and they can produce 50 guns a week a schedule of deliveries is a very simple answer. Nothing would demonstrate success more that a thousand happy customers. But your can theorize that there are millions of dollars in deposits, lots of hype, nearly two years of talk and all we have are maybe 200 guns in the field. I hope that I am wrong and this venture is a huge success. It will be interesting to see what they come out with next, how much it will cost and how many of us rush to get an order in the next time.

Bill G.
Posted By: David Hamilton Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/09/06 03:49 PM
Hope springs eternal!! Lou is asking for a bit of slack. Maybe that is all he needs.
David
Posted By: Bill Janssen Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/09/06 03:52 PM
Zirc:

Don't panic, don't despair, it could be any day. I got "The Call" yesterday afternoon on my September paid-in-full order. Just in time, I was thiking of going into a deep depression or finding a lava pit to jump in <G>.

Bill
Posted By: dogon Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/10/06 12:06 AM
I've been following the RBL deliveries on the various boards and just wanted to know if I missed one that was delivered as a deposit only gun.

I have a 9-28-05 pif order pending and have seen several that were ordered after mine delivered already.

Bill G. it's interesting to hear of your interactions with Lou and CSMC. I've had similar communications with them myself. Not just on my RBL order but on other matters as well. What I personally have decided is to wait out my RBL order and then not do business with them again.

I have several older American SxS's and love shooting them. I hopped on the RBL bandwaggon because I thought it a really cool thing that an American gun maker would try something of this nature. I now have had my fill of the alouf attitude and the lack of information about an order that I have with a company that was paid in full over thirteen months ago.

From what I can tell these are nice guns and I'll probably be happy with mine, but I sure don't care for the fact that I have been shoved back in line and others put ahead of me when I put my money down before them. I don't hold anything against these individuals and am happy that they have their guns, What I'm frustrated with is the way Galazans is handleing this.

Here is another csmc story: A friend of mine ordered a set of the Parker-Repro 16ga barrels from Lou. He paid if full at the time with his CC and was told it would be about six weeks. After three months he called and was told any day now. Another two months went by he called again and was told the same thing.About this time I called CSMC and made an order for some small parts and just off the cuff asked about the repro barrels. Lou told me they had them in stock,and I ordered a set. They were shipped that day and arrived at my house two day's later. I then called my buddy and asked how he liked his, he told me he had not heard from Galazans yet so he called them and was told they would be shipped any day now. I told my friend that I ordered mine on a spur of the moment impulse and offered them to him. He cancelled his order and purchased the barrels from me.

This same type of thing seems to be happening with the RBL orders. I can't hardly imagine how long of wait it will be for the deposit only orders to get their guns, if Galazans holds true to the priority delivery date for paid in full. I assume this to mean all PIF orders filled before deposit only orders.
Posted By: superlight Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/10/06 05:20 AM
Bill G. - When I cancelled my paid in full order for an RBL because of the changes in engraving and lack of communication about progress, they didn't offer to include any interest. In fact, they wouldn't send me a check unless I wanted to pay a fee so I had to wait while the CC got credited - after PIF for seven months. I just wanted my money back so I didn't see any point in getting into a heated exchange over the phone with what's-her-name. I won't just sit tight and be a good customer like a lot of the csmc a$$-kissers on this board will suggest.
And dogon - your csmc story about Parker barrels is almost unbelievable. Almost unbelievable as the fact that it has been posted for hours and none of the csmc a$$- kissers have blasted you for writing it. Good for you!
Posted By: ShootingStar Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/10/06 10:58 AM
"csmc a$$- kissers"?

I think much of the hand wringing and whining comes from the fact that up front money was required to get your name put in the que.
Had Connecticut Shotgun done as Ruger did with the Gold Label (how many years was that? ), I doubt that anybody would be busting a blood vessel over it. For those who don't have the stomach for this kind of deal, it's probably better to just hang on to your money and either wait for one to become available on the private market, or simply buy something else.

I ordered an RBL on September 21st, 2005. Carole from Connecticut Shotgun called on Wednesday to inform me that it's ready and will ship in a day or two.

A little late, for sure, and Lord knows I'm rarely a patient guy. Communication certainly could have (should have) been better, but all will be forgiven if the gun lives up to reasonable expectations.

Standing by and milling around smartly...
Posted By: Chuck H Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/10/06 12:47 PM
I fully understand why some of the RBL customers have gotten upset with them for the information/lack there of that they've gotten. The deliveries being later than what most of us expected is the real culprit, all the other things just compound it, IMO.

I even understand customers being so pissed as to promise never to do biz with them again. Some 20 or more yrs ago, my good friend wanted a gun safe. We went to a local mfr/store and were treated very badly by an apparently drug intoxicated son of the owner with rings in his nose and tatoos all over. My friend being of John Wayne type, said let's get out of here. He said something to the effect of "...see this face? You'll never see it in here again." From then on, it was a running joke when we'd walk out of a retailer that we had a bad experience with, we'd say "Let's 'safe' em." That saying was just used very jokingly by him a couple weeks ago when we left a restaurant where we got bad service while traveling in Wyoming where we were very unlikely to be again anyway.

Me? I guess I'm a 'good little customer' and I'm going to take it like it's spooned out...for now. I fully expected this current situation could happen on the RBL but hoped it wouldn't. So, I'm not out in territory where I'm upset with CSM...yet anyway. My recollection was that this kind of situation was discussed here back when the gun was offered, early on. I and many others believed it would be very difficult for CSM during these times.
Posted By: Mike Poore Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/10/06 01:04 PM
Mine's on the way. It was a September order, and went out, yesterday. (grin)
Posted By: ViniferaVizslas Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/10/06 01:20 PM
I wasn't too happy about the engraving changes but it appears that's been rectified. The delays are, IMO, totally understandable. Perhaps they would have been more understandable to others if they had simply been acknowleged and explained. Not "a$$ kissing" just a different perspective. New poducts almost always have a few unexpected hitches.

As for CSMC not refunding a CC order with a check. The obvious answer is that they pay an intercharge fee of 2 - 3 % on CC orders which is reversed along with a reversed charge. On a $3000 charge the fee would be $60 - $90. The non-"a$$ kissing" answer is that they simply didn't owe anything extra when you canceled the order
Posted By: Dick_dup1 Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/10/06 02:45 PM
[quote=superlight]Bill G. - When I cancelled my paid in full order for an RBL because of the changes in engraving and lack of communication about progress, they didn't offer to include any interest. In fact, they wouldn't send me a check unless I wanted to pay a fee so I had to wait while the CC got credited - after PIF for seven months. I just wanted my money back so I didn't see any point in getting into a heated exchange over the phone with what's-her-name. I won't just sit tight and be a good customer like a lot of the csmc a$$-kissers on this board will suggest.quote

I guess I'm a csmc a$$-kisser! I paid on the first day in full and now I have in my possesion a very nice RBL! What do you have?
I have never had anything but excellent service from CSMC for anything I have purchased.
Dealing with people is a two way street. From the tone and words in your post, I believe that you are very hard to deal with. I do not expect any company to ki$$ my a$$ but expect to be treated politely as I treat anyone I talk to. If you expect a company or person working for a company to be totally subservient to you than your approach is wrong. Being reasonable and trying to understand others problems yield better results than your approach. If results are what count, I have a pleasant result, you do not. Who wins? Certainly you now feel better that you have let CSMC know your dissatisfaction by canceling your order. Whom have you hurt?
You then broadcast your dissatisfaction to this Forum and call the members of this Forum "csmc a$$-kissers"! Frankly you pi$$ed me off. That does not happen too often and I generally don't respond this way but enough is enough.
Posted By: devrep Re: RBL Delivery Question *DELETED* - 11/10/06 04:11 PM
Post deleted by devrep
Posted By: ShootingStar Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/10/06 04:14 PM
Originally Posted By: devrep
The close up photos of RBL engraving posted on this BBS last week did not inspire me. In my opinion they had no soul.

And this relates to the "RBL Delivery Question" how?
Posted By: devrep Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/10/06 04:59 PM
"And this relates to the "RBL Delivery Question" how?"

Mark, that's a good point. My apology.
Posted By: JayCee Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/10/06 05:54 PM
I know I may get clobbered with this comment, but you have ordered a mass produced
gun and expect to be treated as if you ordered a bespoke English double.

Be patient is what I say.

JC(AL)
Posted By: bbman3 Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/10/06 06:24 PM
I have always gotten first class treatment from Tony and Lou and i try to be as nice to them as they have been to me! Bobby
Posted By: improved modified Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/10/06 07:35 PM
Ditto. Dick_dup1!
Posted By: dogon Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/10/06 11:55 PM
Bobby, I would be happy if I were you too. You got the first RBL that I know of delivered to you in July or August. You have a very low serial # as I recall. You ordered on 9-21-05 Shootingstar ordered his the same day as you and is just now getting the call about his being ready to ship. I wonder how many serial #'s will be between yours and his?

This is what people are getting upset about. We all put faith in Galazans with our money and most of those posting now were at the party early in the process. I for one am disappointed to see guns being delivered that were ordered day's/weeks after I placed my order.

I have always tried to be nice and friendly when talking to anyone at CSMC. Most everyone I have talked with has returned the same to me. I just don't care for the part about getting smoke blown up my back side everytime I talk to them and know nothing more after the conversation than before I called. I called shortly after the one year mark for my order. I asked for Carol H. she was busy so I asked to speak with Lou. I told Lou what I was calling about and asked about my order. This is as close as I can qoute him on his response " I don't have anything to do with the RBL, you will need to talk to the person that handles them, if you have a Sept. order call back in a week you may be pleasantly surprised" That was 9-29-06 I waited until 10-20-06 to call again after seeing guns delivered that were ordered after mine and all I could find out was that it's in the shop. More than anything I'm just venting but if Carol had not told me my gun is in process, I probably would have cancelled my order and moved on. I feel for the guy's with the deposits.

It's going to be a long,long wait!
Posted By: rabbit Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/11/06 12:30 AM
Is it not the case that the guns are produced in batch mode, i.e., concentrating on a certain configuration which would tend to produce delivery without regard to precedence of orders? I have no horse in this race but, as an unregenerate bottom feeder, I am waiting for someone to toss his/hers on the consignment rack.

jack
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/11/06 12:46 AM
Not a bad idea, but all the time, suffering and pain will add to the rack tag. They are priced about right and not a nickel more.
Posted By: Stever Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/11/06 12:50 AM
Unless they have sold there are two offers for RBLs on the "for sale" part of this site - one has been delivered and the other is in line a few months to go. I haven't studied it much but I didn't see any attempt to price gouge or anything. BUt, the reason I am posting is that I ordered in Late December. I wonder when my RBL will be delivered? I am not upset in the least at this point as Lou told me when I ordered that it would be a bit over a year for delivery. Well, it appears to me that they are starting to be delivered in larger numbers so perhaps they will meet that time? I guess I was lucky in that I didn't have any opening day hunting trip ideas in mind or anything for mine. Really excited about it, though! I was REALLY pumped when I finally made the decision to order and it really hasn't decreased much. Standing by. Looking forward to see more pictures!
Posted By: Zircon Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/11/06 02:40 AM
I'm still keeping the faith, but I agree with dogon, the hard part is seeing my precise configuration of gun delivered to people who ordered in October, when mine has an order date of late Sept. I paid-in-full, they PIF. I ordered mine two to three weeks before they did, yet they get the gun, and I'm still sitting. This, I do not understand. I wouldn't mind so much if this had been a six month wait, but at well over one year, it's getting to be upsetting.
Posted By: superlight Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/11/06 04:31 AM
Originally Posted By: JayCee
I know I may get clobbered with this comment, but you have ordered a mass produced
gun and expect to be treated as if you ordered a bespoke English double.

Be patient is what I say.

JC(AL)

No, you got it all wrong. I expected to be treated like I paid in full for a gun.
Posted By: superlight Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/11/06 04:33 AM
[quote=Dick_dup1
I guess I'm a csmc a$$-kisser! [/quote]

I guess I agree
Posted By: Jag one Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/11/06 07:38 AM
FWIW,Yesterday I emailed CSMC about my 10-7-05 RBL PIF order and politely said if I would not receive my order within the next thirty days I would like them to refund my CC acount for the full amount and I got a very fast reply saying my gun was being worked on at this time and it would be shipped well in advance of my requested time line. We shall see!
Posted By: Chuck H Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/11/06 12:48 PM
What happened to all of the excitement about getting in on the ground floor, investing in an American gunmaker's future, buying American, ..........?

Yes, CSM's communication has been poorly handled. I think a dedicated planning effort for communications would have paid dividends to CSM for years if it (RBL) was well handled. And I also think CSM is not out of the woods in reputation damage, by a long shot. This bbs is likely but a small sampling of RBL customers and their feedback. I'm seeing quite a bit of disgruntled customers in just the small sampling of RBL customers on this bbs. They need to do something about that now.

Hang in there, guys. It's still the same dream.
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/11/06 01:49 PM
A Yonkers made Kimber SuperAmerica is my ground floor....and it is world class in the rimfire world.
Posted By: Dick_dup1 Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/11/06 02:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne
A Yonkers made Kimber SuperAmerica is my ground floor....and it is world class in the rimfire world.

What has this babble got to do with the Question? -Dick
Posted By: marklart Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/11/06 02:30 PM
I feel for you guys. I didn't order one, but if I had, I would have resigned myself to waiting up to two years, and making sure I had another gun to shoot in the meantime.

From the outside looking in, it still looks like a great value, and a chance to own a part of American history.
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: RBL Delivery Question - 11/11/06 02:38 PM
Why.... buying into America's gunmaking future ole bean!
The number one thing with the RBL crowd.
Made in the USA.
I just got a jump on it with my Kimber.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com