doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: hammerback Am I allowed - 11/21/08 01:47 PM
Am I allowed to ask a question about a Model 12 here? If not is there a forum? Paul
Posted By: Amigo Will Re: Am I allowed - 11/21/08 01:53 PM
OK with me,we have had many in the past.
Posted By: King Brown Re: Am I allowed - 11/21/08 03:10 PM
You're allowed to ask any question about doubles particularly and we guarantee the best counsel in the realm.
Posted By: Birdog Re: Am I allowed - 11/21/08 03:36 PM

Quote:
Feel free to use this system to discuss your doubles, drillings, combination guns,other fine firearms, and related material. The rules are really simple: Stay on the subject matter, keep it clean, and contribute answers when you can!

Dave Weber, Administrator & DoubleGun Evangelist
Posted By: rabbit Re: Am I allowed - 11/21/08 10:49 PM
The catholicity of interest here almost demands that you discuss your pumpgun.

jack
Posted By: Amigo Will Re: Am I allowed - 11/21/08 10:55 PM
The Mod. 12 fits into the other fine firearm realm nicely
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Am I allowed - 11/21/08 11:06 PM
Originally Posted By: hammerback
Am I allowed to ask a question about a Model 12 here? If not is there a forum? Paul

No Paul. If it is a good one, you must ship it to me at a really good price and then I will ask the quesitons - as the NEW owner!!! Seriously, I think a discussion on any fine gun, which I think your model 12 fits nicely into, is always welcomed and will be commented on by those who know as well as those who only hope to know what they are talking about!!! Welcome to the best, most informative forum on guns I think you will ever find. As you can see, some of us like to joke around.
Posted By: Katie and Jessie Re: Am I allowed - 11/21/08 11:30 PM
rabbit

Excellent use of the word catholicity. I am in awe of your vocabulary.

Regards, Gordon
Posted By: dubbletrubble Re: Am I allowed - 11/22/08 01:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Perry M. Kissam
Originally Posted By: hammerback

No Paul. If it is a good one, you must ship it to me at a really good price and then I will ask the quesitons - as the NEW owner!!! Seriously, I think a discussion on any fine gun, which I think your model 12 fits nicely into, is always welcomed and will be commented on by those who know as well as those who only hope to know what they are talking about!!! Welcome to the best, most informative forum on guns I think you will ever find. As you can see, some of us like to joke around.

No No ship it to me! It's not an Ithaca but I will rid you of it in your best interest.
Posted By: rabbit Re: Am I allowed - 11/22/08 02:46 AM
Me too, Gordon. But like a dog with a big food interest and a bag of tricks, I sometimes hear myself say them and a few moments later am admonished that I did the wrong trick! You can really get caught out when you just kinda sorta know what it means and don't look it up. I do know what this one means but I once complimented a colleague (read brother carpenter) on having very catholic interests and he was a bit put off. Thought I meant big C.

jack
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Am I allowed - 11/22/08 06:24 AM
There is only one who would protest loudly, and he is a dink, anyway. Expect we will hear about what dogs run down turkeys best, and which lantern can hold out for a whole night of shining deer out of a pickup window from the same individual, at some point in time.

"Fine is, as fine does", when it comes to great American repeaters. Ask away.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: tudurgs Re: Am I allowed - 11/22/08 02:32 PM
Here's a Winchester Collector site:
http://www.winchestercollector.org/forum
Posted By: Amigo Will Re: Am I allowed - 11/22/08 02:47 PM
Ted,HJ has now read all the books by Ms.E. Post and is much better now
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Am I allowed - 11/23/08 02:16 AM
Why not? The pump is as American as apple pie, and Mod 12 is as slick looking as you're going to find. If you leave it in ONE PIECE it's remarkably trouble-free design.
Posted By: Doug Waterman Re: Am I allowed - 11/24/08 12:40 AM
<< To save some of your time >>..Just in case you are like me and looked it up :

cath·o·lic·i·ty [ kàthə líssətee ]

noun

Definition:
1. wideness of range: wideness of range of tastes or interests
2. inclusiveness: the quality of including or applying to everyone or everything
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com