doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Alex Johnson Price Check on Ithaca NID - 11/30/08 04:46 AM
I was at a local gunshop the other day and spotted an Ithaca NID 12 gage on the rack. It is just a plain field grade with no case colors remaining on the action and the barrels have about 30-40% thinning blue. The action is tight and the bores are excellent with no dents or dings, stocks are sound with no cracks and pretty sharp checkering. There asking $400, does this sound in line?
Posted By: chopperlump Re: Price Check on Ithaca NID - 11/30/08 05:14 AM
Sounds reasonable to me. Better check the muzzles to see there is no bulging as some of the vintage doubles have had idiots put steel loads through them. Have you measured the barrels to make sure they've not been cut? --- also checked out the choke markings on the barrel flats? Chopperlump
Posted By: Amigo Will Re: Price Check on Ithaca NID - 11/30/08 03:54 PM
Buy it if is even close to sound.You pay that much for a POS from China
Posted By: King Brown Re: Price Check on Ithaca NID - 11/30/08 04:23 PM
You'll be sorry if you don't grab it.
Posted By: Walter C. Snyder Re: Price Check on Ithaca NID - 11/30/08 06:10 PM
I just paid $400 from a poster here and it doesn't have a butt stock!!
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Price Check on Ithaca NID - 12/01/08 12:04 AM
Walter- I think I have a NID buttstock with a red "sunburst" Ithaca pad. Were they secured with a through bolt like a Model 12 Win? Not marked, are the NID's same size stock for both 16 and 20?
Posted By: Walter C. Snyder Re: Price Check on Ithaca NID - 12/01/08 12:25 AM
RWTF,
NIDs do not have a through bolt, Perhaps a Western Arms or Nitro. Thanks anyway.
Walt
Posted By: h d hawg'r Re: Price Check on Ithaca NID - 12/01/08 12:34 AM
RWTF, If your stock will fit a 20 ga Western Arms I would be interested.
Here's my email: hdhawgr@centurytel.net
Thanks, Curtis
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Price Check on Ithaca NID - 12/01/08 01:55 AM
That is not a lot of money for American classic if in very good to excellent MECHANICAL order. Lets just hope your shop like mine test fires used guns before offering them for sale. It kinda avoids potentially soiling of ones underwear if you know what I mean.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com