doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Mark Larson Sterlingworth clone? - 12/23/08 03:32 AM
http://www.allans-armory.com/aapictures.php?ItemId=141504SS

Aside from the receiver having a radiused front rather than the sterlingworth V, this sure looks like a sterlingworth, especially the breech balls, the forend, and the stock. The question is, which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Sterlingworth clone? - 12/23/08 03:44 AM
Nah, looks like something straight out of Suhl. No pins, all screws, greener crossbolt, and thru bolt at the head of the stock. Very Germanic flavor.

Dustin
Posted By: binko Re: Sterlingworth clone? - 12/23/08 06:34 PM
It's a Husky!

binko
Posted By: Researcher Re: Sterlingworth clone? - 12/23/08 11:50 PM
Looks like a Husqvarna 310AS or 310ASE. That gun cost more then a DE-Grade Ansley H. Fox when they were both being made. Other then Browning Superposeds, Husqvarna 310s are the only Eurotrash I play with!!
Posted By: Researcher Re: Sterlingworth clone? - 12/24/08 12:32 AM
Sorry!! I just deficated in the punchbowl!!! That gun doesn't have the upper screw behind the breechball for the second sear of a Husqvarna 310. It is the much cheaper 1310 from the 1960s.
Posted By: Mark Larson Re: Sterlingworth clone? - 12/24/08 02:18 PM
I wasn't saying it is an exact clone; obviously it is not. I was merely saying that at first glance, it looks somewhat similar to a sterlingworth, from the stock and action configuration and to the forend to a lesser degree. It made me wonder if the Swedes were influenced by Fox or vice versa. I wasn't trying to slam Fox or anything, I was just curious if there might have been an influence.
Posted By: M D Christian Re: Sterlingworth clone? - 12/24/08 03:59 PM
I think the Swedes were more influenced by the Suhl makers, than Ansley Fox.. MDC
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Sterlingworth clone? - 12/24/08 04:57 PM
Originally Posted By: M D Christian
I think the Swedes were more influenced by the Suhl makers, than Ansley Fox.. MDC

Ya, what MD Christian said......wait a sec...ya I think I said something eerily similar at the top of this post.

Dustin
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Sterlingworth clone? - 12/24/08 08:06 PM
It looks like a better gun then my Sterlingworth ejector. It's system Anson & Deeley plus Greener X-bolt, Nicer checkering, genuine action screws.
Posted By: Timothy S Re: Sterlingworth clone? - 12/24/08 09:48 PM
I'll take a small bore S/W any day. Say a 20 ga 28". Um um um. Oh Santa, Sannnnnnnnttaa
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Sterlingworth clone? - 12/24/08 09:58 PM
Last one I have seen in 20br had ejectors plus tag of $3600. Good luck.
Posted By: Marshfellow1 Re: Sterlingworth clone? - 12/24/08 10:14 PM
Dave, you made me laugh out loud....punch will kill ya anyway...stick with the good ol' sour mash. Tom
Posted By: Researcher Re: Sterlingworth clone? - 12/25/08 02:26 PM
Ah Tom, you know I'm a wino! Merlot or Cabernet
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com