doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Stallones Griffin & Howe Provenence - 01/16/09 03:28 AM
I received the G&H provenence letters recently on my M 21 Winchester Trap-Skeet.I received 4 or 5 copies of the history of the gun including the resale in 1939. I want to commend Mr. Beach
for the professional and very complete work that he is doing.
I thought you would like to see an example of this wonderful history.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Griffin & Howe Provenence - 01/16/09 10:47 AM
Neat letter and provenence Leighton,

"sportsman, banker and philanthropist"

nice work if you can find it !

Today as taxpayers and TARP I guess we could all be called that
Posted By: Stallones Re: Griffin & Howe Provenence - 01/16/09 12:38 PM
I also found that Mr. Wertheim inherited $500,000 from his father in 1905 and of course was a successful businessman after that.
He used this gun on his Duck Ponds on the Long Island estate and probably for some upland birds as well.
Posted By: jerry66stl Re: Griffin & Howe Provenence - 01/16/09 01:28 PM
What is the fee for a "G&H Letter" ?
Posted By: ZZ Flyer Re: Griffin & Howe Provenence - 01/16/09 06:31 PM
Mr. Wertheim was also a noted Atlantic salmon fisherman, and held the lease for a long time on the St. Anne river in Quebec. He wrote a rare, privately printed book on his salmon fishing entitled "Salmon on the Dry Fly", a copy of which I'm fortunate to have. One of the wealthy New York sportsman of his day--of whom there were several of note.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Griffin & Howe Provenence - 01/16/09 06:46 PM
Jerry, all prices and makes are in the research section of the G&H website. There are some quirks on the serial number search. The search for individual numbers does not always work. I have had the individual search indicate that the number is not available for research but it is on the list. It is best to opt to look at all the numbers for a make. At the end of the number list for each list, there is a used gun list that must also be searched. It is a wonderful resourse for researchers.
Posted By: Michael Petrov Re: Griffin & Howe Provenence - 01/16/09 07:35 PM
http://www.griffinhowe.com/research-main.cfm
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com