doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: jeweler Can't get barrel off parker - 02/15/09 11:10 AM
I have a parker VH 16 gauge that I cant get it to disassemble.I have had it appart before.Do I need to send it to a gunsmith and who?
Monty
I would like to sell it.
Posted By: tut Re: Can't get barrel off parker - 02/15/09 11:37 AM
PM sent.
Posted By: Bob Jurewicz Re: Can't get barrel off parker - 02/15/09 12:20 PM
The cocking hook is not releasing. First try dropping the hammers. If that didn't work examine the front end of the receiver to see if the little rod on the right purtrudes. It should to release the hook. If it doesn't the mechanism is stuck and some lub may release. Breakfree CLP always worked for me.
Bob Jurewicz
Posted By: Sharpsrifle Re: Can't get barrel off parker - 02/15/09 02:00 PM
Jeweler,
I've been looking for a Parker 16ga. Please contact me at: roger@nacz.com with specifics. Thanks
Posted By: Sharpsrifle Re: Can't get barrel off parker - 02/15/09 05:14 PM
Jeweler,
Just saw your note to H.H. asking about an English SxS. We really should talk...I'll show you mine if you'll show me your Parker. Contact me at the email in the above post.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Can't get barrel off parker - 02/16/09 12:20 AM
If all else fails with your "Olde Un-Reliable" re opening and removing the barrels from the frame, just remember the old bit of shop wisdom- "Never use force, just go to the tool crib and get a bigger hammer".. Good luck.
Posted By: jeweler Re: Can't get barrel off parker - 02/17/09 03:39 AM
thanks I'll try the lube first.I have taken them off before with no trouble. sharps rifle.I can't find your bonehill on antique guns.
Posted By: Sharpsrifle Re: Can't get barrel off parker - 02/17/09 05:08 AM
Jeweler,
Try this link:

http://www.gunsinternational.com/CGBonehill---NEW-PRICE-wCASE.cfm?gun_id=100061919

Category: English Doubles
Item No. 600061919
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Can't get barrel off parker - 02/17/09 12:46 PM
Where's Ma Parker when you need him ?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com