doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: improved modified UGLY - 05/19/09 03:10 AM
Just got the June issue of American Rifleman and on the cover of Benlli's new semi auto the, "Vinchi" after Leonardo Da Vinchi. Now, some of you boys pick on semi-autos and pumps unfairly, but you can have at this one full bore! It makes your eyes burn. Looks like someone at Standard Plumbing put it together on his lunch break.
http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_vinci.php
Posted By: GregSY Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 03:47 AM
I wouldn't mind one of those Vinchi guns to go with my Guchi handbag. I'm gonna go order a peetza now.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 04:04 AM
Hope it works better than what was normal for my Father's Super Black Eagle. I inherited that thing, however, I don't know what to do with it, since, it is mostly a very expensive single shot with anything other than full house loads.
Maybe someday I'll need to kill a goose or turkey from a wheelchair.
Best,
Ted
Posted By: Replacement Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 04:55 AM
I have two SBE's and they have been just perfect, unlike my old Browning Gold which is now gone. I don't want or need a Vinci. It is ugly, but not as ugly as the Browning Cynergy, and it will probably sell like hotcakes.
Posted By: 775 Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 05:03 AM
Fugly.

I put my hands on one today.

Seems strange to put full trap style pistol grip on game gun?

Space age fugly.

Breaks down to stock, barrel and trigger group/mag tube in 10 seconds.

Did I mention fugly?

Did fit me perfectly...and felt good, grip through the wrist might be a bit thick though.

B' guns attempt at Cynergy styles?

Lots of plastic like the Nova but interesting.

Rather have my doubles though, jOe.

Best,
Mark
Posted By: eeb Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 12:51 PM
The MSRP on Ugly is getting higher all the time. $1,300 for some plastic and a steel pipe!!
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 01:06 PM
darne it that thing is yugly.....same guys that like Moss'n bergs will buy them.
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 01:10 PM
News Flash: The market for this gun is perhaps upwards of 100 times greater than for a SxS.

Check the Benelli website for their usual excellent video and other marketing techniques.

My 20ga Cordoba is a masterwork of engineering - it shoots incredibly well. The old M-1 Super 90 is also an excellent shooter.

I enjoy all types of shotguns. Automatics are fun too... and Benelli's are some of the best. I look forward to trying out the Vinci.
Posted By: GregSY Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 01:17 PM
Actually...anytime any company or organization feels the need to capitalize on the name and reputation of any one of the following people, I immediately look down on them and their product:

DaVinci
Einstein
Any black musician/genius that us white folks never even heard of
Woody Allen
MLK Jr.

It's like 'Hey we're really smart and we revere these smart people and if you get it, you will be smart, too."
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 01:22 PM
Benelli makes a ton$ off each one.
They'll be around for a long time. Though their customer service sucks.
Non tox is making our doubles wallhangers.
Intense waterfowling destroys shotguns. Benelli is making tools that last a long time.

Early SBE's won't shoot lighter loads. And rusted like hell too.
SBEII adressed most of that.
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 01:29 PM
UGLY?
UGLY?
That's beautiful in comparison to this offering from the same consortium, via Stoeger.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE FOR VIEWING BY OLD MEN
"Tactical Coach Gun"

Don't say I didn't warn you.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 01:37 PM
Man if that thing only had hammers....
Posted By: GJZ Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 01:38 PM
That's very funny. Thanks.
Posted By: improved modified Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 01:54 PM
Very funny indeed!
Posted By: rabbit Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 02:00 PM
Will it float? What does it owe to Da Winky? I liked the "Montefeltro" cause I could also see old hooknose in the portrait every time I saw one. Must be other Italian "patronage guns" but I can't think of any. Roma has been done. How bout Fiorenza, Milano, Venezia? I would like to have a gun named Castagneto Carducci for the poet and his trees.

jack
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 02:05 PM
If there's an "Ugly Over Priced Gun Award" Benelli should win it hands down.
Posted By: Theprofessional Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 03:02 PM
It's a tribute to the new Star Trek movie.
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 03:04 PM
I'd argue with the overpriced part, and my sense of aesthetics includes consideration of intended purpose and working environment.

Both Benelli's I've acquired have been new. Neither needed any cleaning of cosmoline or machine chips before use. They both work 100% of the time with a drop of light oil between the bolt head and body being the only lubrication needed. They completely strip with no tools, and have never required parts including firing pins. They all come with five chokes from cylinder through full, and a decent hard case. Overpriced at $1,300? Hardly... for the modern design and superb manufacture they represent value instead.

Benelli makes for a great 'rain gun'. If it's going to be wet, this is the gun of choice. It doesn't care about the weather one bit and won't cut into your Bourbon time afterwards with a lengthy cleanup and stock pull to dewater.

Why limit yourself? There's a whole wide world of interesting shotguns out there that don't have two barrels. Doubleguns are fun, but modern stuff has it's place also.
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 03:40 PM
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/conten...erarchyId=11653

Check out the (many) lines on this baby!

Huh? Avant Garde?
Posted By: eeb Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 04:41 PM
To each his own, but no polymer (plastic) shotgun is worth more than $500, especially one with that much ugly. It reminds me of a robot, and a robot has no soul. I have garden hoes with better lines.

Must go. I'm late for my Lead Pencil Society meeting.
Posted By: dubbletrubble Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 05:13 PM
Originally Posted By: eeb
I have garden hoes with better lines.

now that's just plain funny!
Posted By: improved modified Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 07:09 PM
Agree. Benelli probably only has $300.00 in the gun
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 10:43 PM
I've got one Super Black Eagle experience. It goes like this.
I imported the gun for my father (M1 Garand guy, heart and soul, 20 plus years active duty USMC, in some truly politically hot and shitty places) before the legwork was done for a US. importer-I think the serial is number 612. It is the first version of the gun, and my father expected it to be the cat's meow, since it would handle everything, right?
Wrong. This gun went back to Benelli USA twice, under the five year warranty they offered (they were OK with the warranty, even though they didn't import the gun, until the problem was out of their scope of ability) with instructions to NOT return it a third time, with over a year left on the warranty. It suffers a failure to return to battery problem, amplified with lighter (if one considers 1 1/4 oz loads lighter, in the grand scheme of things) loads. Pulling the trigger on a 3 1/2 inch round, without more in the magazine is a good way to suffer vertigo for the rest of the day, and, it was hideously expensive for what it is-a pretty consistant, recoil operated, Italian single shot gun.
Every Browning or Remington autoloader I've been in the presence of was more reliable than this thing, and you could have bought two or three of them, and thrown one away and been money ahead.
Please don't suggest I'm the only one-Dustin had one, and agreed with my evaluation, as have some names that have slipped my memory at the moment.
My Dad loved the gun, and spent about 15 years or so mostly disappointed in the thing. It is light, somewhat well finished (no rust, anyway) and at least has a piece of wood on it. Save those, I can find little to recommend in one of these.
I think about puking everytime I look at the little plastic bird on the pistol grip. Never underestimate the depth of poor taste found here in the states, and you will be a billionaire. That is all Benelli ever will show me.
I suppose it goes without saying that I'm un-interested in the new model?
Best,
Ted
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: UGLY - 05/19/09 11:33 PM
I've heard a few Benelli horror stories over the years and wondered if they were true.

I've owned numerous M1 Super 90 Benelis (at least 6) over the years...I still own 2 Left handed SBE's (made in 2000) all have digested every shell I've ever put through them and have never given a minutes trouble.

The Vinci is ugly....but not as ugly as a Moss'berg.

Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: UGLY - 05/20/09 12:21 AM
I have had a few as well. Similar problem with the SBE1.
Pedaled it because it was clanky. But, make no mistake. The improved action is the best rough service action in the world.

Dump a box of shells in the mud. Pick them up, stuff them up the pipe wet and muddy, and it will cycle them. Kinda gross really, but from desert to duck marsh they work.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: UGLY - 05/20/09 02:21 AM
Don't know a Benelli from a Bugatti Ted- wish your Jarhead Dad was still with us and "A-Jay Squared Away"- appreciate his service in our beloved USMC, bet he knew as I do that "NCO's run the unit too"!! The M-1 Garand- still a fine weapon, although I have a 1903 Springfield USMC Korean Sniper rifle-the whole Magilla I guess- USMC leather lace on cheek pad, flash suppresor (NOT a silencer) mine wears an Unertl 10x and it is a "dinger"--RWTF
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: UGLY - 05/20/09 02:22 AM
I heard that...
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com