doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Chukarman 16 Gauge paper hulls? - 12/02/06 01:46 AM
Some of you were putting together a group buy, I \'ve out hunting for 6 weeks and don't know the status of this, Can anyone fill me in?
Posted By: Tinker Re: 16 Gauge paper hulls? - 12/02/06 05:57 AM
C'man-

Things haven't changed any.
Might be time to get things rolling.

As it stands...
-Very high level of interest
-We have a mfgr and an importer
-We have a financial controller
-We have yet to come to grips on the issue of color.

My comments on that last point are this...

We don't know what color the mfgr will offer.
Some here give a hoot about that some don't.
Those who are passoniate one way or the other on color are a minority.
We should simply pony up and place the order, t'hell with color, the opportunity to have new production 16b hulls far outweighs bickering over color.

--Tinker
Posted By: PeteM Re: 16 Gauge paper hulls? - 12/02/06 12:17 PM
Tinker,

Are there any time lines that have to be met?

Pete
Posted By: CraigF Re: 16 Gauge paper hulls? - 12/02/06 12:51 PM
I haven't been following this... what length hulls are being considered here? Short hulls or 2 3/4"?

Craig
Posted By: Dave M. Re: 16 Gauge paper hulls? - 12/02/06 01:30 PM
I'm interested in adding to the order.
Who do I contact about placing an order and payment?
Thanks, Dave Miles
Posted By: Chukarman Re: 16 Gauge paper hulls? - 12/02/06 05:34 PM
Thanks, Tinker. I am not big on any particular color. Why not just ask the manufacturer what colors thay can offer, have a quick vote, and drop in the order when everyone ponies up?

I would like a tgousand or so to experiment with.
Posted By: tony kosinski Re: 16 Gauge paper hulls? - 12/02/06 06:46 PM
i have been wondering about the shells myself.i would think most any color would work other than hot pink..ok ..now everybody will want hot pink.i am still in for a thousand or so..tony
Posted By: Tinker Re: 16 Gauge paper hulls? - 12/03/06 05:20 AM
I should dig that thread up, if someone else does first, go ahead and get it to the top of the list.

Cheddite will do a special run for us. They don't like to make paper hulls, and it's nice of them to offer the service
The US importer is also being cool about this and is helping us into the deal, THEY AREN'T STOCKING THESE HULLS It's a special, one shot deal.

We order them, we take delivery of them, and from there it's up to us to divvie them up, it's our responsibility to deal with the money and distribution
Mike Harrel has volunteered to handle the funds. For that I'm quite grateful

All we need to deal with as of yet are the details of distribution, get the money together, make the order some time in January or February, tnen wait for them to come across the pond.

Then we'll have brand spankin new 2-3/4'' paper 16b hulls
Juat like that.

--Tinker
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com