doublegunshop.com - home
Anyone get the Summer Issue of DGJ Yet?
Posted By: bushveld Re: Anyone get the Summer Issue of DGJ Yet? - 07/17/09 06:15 PM
3 weeks ago
At least 3 weeks ago!
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: Anyone get the Summer Issue of DGJ Yet? - 07/17/09 07:59 PM
3 weeks ago but I left it in Maine on July 5th. I'm going through withdrawal . . . I will be reunited with it again tonight . . . sigh -
Posted By: Philbert Re: Anyone get the Summer Issue of DGJ Yet? - 07/17/09 09:24 PM
I'm 3 hours!!! from East Jordan and none of the bookstores or Gander Mountain have it yet!
Posted By: Dave K Re: Anyone get the Summer Issue of DGJ Yet? - 07/17/09 10:04 PM
Longer then 3 weeks ago and my subscription had run out !!
(They sent me one thinking I had just forgot to renew-I did )
A good three weeks ago and we've already had this discussion on one of the articles here on the board --

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...ge=6#Post154164
Great article on a working man doubles in there, just what the Bushmaster ordered!!!
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Anyone get the Summer Issue of DGJ Yet? - 07/18/09 04:12 AM
3 weeks ago. But, I am top priority, of course!!
At least three weeks ago, up here in Canada no less !!
You were lucky, Ron.
Still don't have mine....but then again, I'm way out in the sticks...35 miles south of our national capital.
Posted By: BarkeyVA Re: Anyone get the Summer Issue of DGJ Yet? - 07/18/09 02:11 PM
I bought my first copy ever last week just to read the article on the Model 90 Skeetking. I think it is a great periodical, and I am seriously considering ordering a subscription.
I just read last article at local Barnes & Noble. It was nice to read about the 3kg modell 'Anson' 12br 70mm 72cm barrels, dts, with English style wood. There are series of articles in this issue that ploretarian folks like me can appreciate.
Posted By: Philbert Re: Anyone get the Summer Issue of DGJ Yet? - 07/24/09 12:10 AM
Neither the book stores or Gander Mountain in mid-Michigan have it yet!

Subscribers - how is the magazine received; bag, box, etc?
Philbert,
Mine come in a sealed clear plastic sleeve, inside a flat, fairly sturdy cardboard shipper. Never had one arrive damaged, despite the combined efforts of the USPS and Canada Post !
Posted By: Philbert Re: Anyone get the Summer Issue of DGJ Yet? - 07/24/09 01:37 AM
Thanks, Ron. I've been buying at the news stand to get a pristine copy. I think I'll just subscribe.
Philbert,
It occurs to me that the packaging that mine receive MAY be for international shipping only. I'd call their office and ask first. Many years ago, when I first started to subscribe, the DGJ DID NOT get this special treatment and arrived here in sad condition on more than one occasion. For a number of years I went back to buying it at Chapters or at the newsstand, just so that I could get a pristine copy, same as you're doing.
Ron, everyone gets them that way now.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com