doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: kalpich RBL 12 Photos - 08/06/09 02:37 AM
After ordering my RBL in late December and paying in full, it arrived two weeks ago. I couldn't be more pleased. I've posted a few photos below. It's a 26 inch, splinter forend, straight stock with double triggers and exhibition wood. It weighs a little more than seven pounds. [img][/img] [img][/img] [img][/img] [img][/img] [img][/img] [img][/img] [img][/img]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: RBL 12 Photos - 08/06/09 03:36 AM
Not a thing wrong with it. Very nice!
Posted By: Jonty Re: RBL 12 Photos - 08/06/09 10:42 AM
Fanbtastic looking gun, I personally would though ask them to change the stock - look at the grain running across the grip. Might be OK because it has a stock bolt, but imho its an accident waiting to happen...

please don't take this the wrong way - just ignore me - but its the 1st thing I look for in a new gun...
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: RBL 12 Photos - 08/06/09 10:59 AM
What holds the long trigger guard tang tight to wood on the RBL? Does the top tang screw (pin) thread into the t.g. tang?
Posted By: cowboys1388 Re: RBL 12 Photos - 08/06/09 01:21 PM
Beautiful gun. Have you shot it? I don't think you have a chance of the stock breaking. The wrist is big and they have a very special way of pressure treating the wood on the RBL’s, which makes them not brittle. If by chance you do, my friend was in a car accident with his model 21 even though it was his fault they fixed his stock for free. I personally don't own a gun but I though that was quite noble. -Cowboy-
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: RBL 12 Photos - 08/06/09 01:33 PM
Nice!!! and at 7lbs., the perfect weight for a 12 gauge light enough to carry comfortably all day yet heavy enough to absorb the recoil!!!
I think these are the new American classics!!
Posted By: Krull Re: RBL 12 Photos - 08/06/09 02:57 PM
Very nice. I just got mine in last week. 32". Straight grip, splinter and 4X wood. 2 triggers of course. I had asked for 8 lbs but it came in at 8 lbs, 6 oz. But it seems to work quite well and handles good on sporting clays. No pictures yet but I'll try and get those soon. Triggers are great. I think it will make a really nice sporting clays gun.
Robert Krull
Posted By: eightbore Re: RBL 12 Photos - 08/06/09 03:16 PM
Krull, I would like to see your combination with vent rib. The weight is just about perfect. Did you special order the hard butt? We would all like to see pictures of your 4X wood.
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: RBL 12 Photos - 08/06/09 03:34 PM
I wish they would junk those "gold" triggers......
Posted By: improved modified Re: RBL 12 Photos - 08/06/09 03:56 PM
I got mine last Friday. 30", double trigger, assisted opening, 2x standard walnut. Which by the way is much better than 2x walnut IMHO. Very nice feather on both sides and a killer translucent feather on the top of the comb. Unfortunately, the ejector malfunctioned after 8 shots and it is now in transit back to CSMC for repairs. Really dampened my enthusiasm for the gun. I was going to post photos and do a write-up for the board, but I'm not sure I'm going to to it now.
Posted By: Krull Re: RBL 12 Photos - 08/06/09 04:00 PM
I'm somewhat challenged on posting pictures but I'll try and do that soon. I didn't have my camera last week so I'll get pictures this week. Don't think the wood is quite up to Mr. Kalpich's wood but it's close. And I have the swamped rib. Thought about the vented rib but decided to stay with this. Seems to go with the splinter and straight stock. I guess the only thing I don't like is the choke system. Much prefer fixed chokes but I knew going in that you couldn't get fixed chokes on the RBL 12.
It is a bit heavier than I hoped but my normal clays gun is a Thomas Wild pigeon gun that weighs almost 8 lbs. Certainly easier on the shoulder than when I shoot clays with one of my much lighter Merkels.
Robert Krull
Posted By: Krull Re: RBL 12 Photos - 08/06/09 11:40 PM
Thanks to Mr. Binko I think I may have learned how to post photos. I posted a photo of an upgraded Sterlingworth 16 gauge in the photo primer post. Hopefully here is a picture of my RBL in the case. I'll try and get some better pictures this weekend.
Robert Krull

Posted By: kalpich Re: RBL 12 Photos - 08/07/09 02:53 AM
I was a bit skeptical of the ejectors at first, being that I like the most basic mechanics possible, they seem to work very well with the snap caps provided. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet, but plan to do so within the week ahead.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: RBL 12 Photos - 08/07/09 05:00 AM
Nice looking gun!! That's the one thing I like about the RBL. The splinter forearms are large enough you don't have to grab onto the barrels when you shoot it. Personally, I like the gold triggers. It really dresses it up. But that is just my preference. Good luck with it!!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com