doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: guns London Orange pad/source - 08/11/09 09:28 PM
Is this the right address for Kynamco in England, The Old Railway Station/Station rd/Mildenhall/Suffolk? I'm looking to order an Orange pad, I've ordered a period pad from Galazan except they are red not orange. Is there another source in the states or overseas? Thanks in advance. G.
Posted By: Ron Vella Re: London Orange pad/source - 08/12/09 01:25 AM
I have no experience with the 1" pads but the 1 1/2" Silvers type pads that I have bought, both from the old Cape Outfitters and more recently from Galazan, have all been orange.
Posted By: Mike Desjarlais Re: London Orange pad/source - 08/12/09 01:27 AM
Yes, that's them. I had the same problem; received a red pad from Galazan and sent it back. I got a correct orange pad at half the price by dealing direct. Just call them and have your credit card ready. It was very easy and the young woman at the other end of the line was a joy to deal with. Lovely accent too!

Here's a link to their website. There is a brochure you can download. Follow the Silver's details button.

Silver's recoil pads
Posted By: Replacement Re: London Orange pad/source - 08/12/09 01:54 AM
CSMC has/had real Silvers pads in both red and orange. They always have the Silvers-repro pads in orange. I ordered some of the red pads, and I like 'em better than the orange, but that's just me. You may save a few bucks by ordering orange pads direct from the UK, but CSMC can have them to you in a couple of days.
Posted By: Mike Desjarlais Re: London Orange pad/source - 08/12/09 02:04 AM
Well, you've had better luck than I did. I ordered the orange Original Silver's pad from Galazan and got a red one. I called and they confirmed that they had indeed sent me the correct pad. They were very good about taking the red one back though. The price from the UK was half the Galazan price, and the delivery time was about one week.
Posted By: Katie and Jessie Re: London Orange pad/source - 08/12/09 12:11 PM
I just ordered three of the orange pads and should send them all back. The black plastic bases are cracked and on one of them the orange rubber started seperating from the plastic base as I was fitting it to a stock. Jeff's Outfitters stopped selling these pads that he was buying from Galazan for this exact problem. To many returns for poor workmanship.

I think that any group of pads are kind of like a batch of cookies. Sometimes they don't get cooked right. None the less I am through with those pads.

Regards, Gordon
Posted By: MarketHunter Re: London Orange pad/source - 08/12/09 03:22 PM
A friend has recently had problems with pads from Galazan as well. I just order them from the folks in the UK, it's easy and always kind of entertaining to order some piece of shooting gear from England anyway.

Unless you've got some kind of international deal on your phone, the call won't be cheap. Stop by the liquor store or a gas station and buy an international phone card then use that to call. The $5 ones are more than enough to call a couple times and it will save you money in the long run.

Destry
Posted By: Replacement Re: London Orange pad/source - 08/12/09 07:18 PM
If we are talking about genuine Silvers pads here, I don't see why ordering from the UK would get you a better pad than the real ones that CSMC sells. Silvers is Silvers, repro is repro. What am I missing, other than the possible cost differential?
Posted By: Mike Desjarlais Re: London Orange pad/source - 08/13/09 01:29 AM
The UK price for the original London Orange Silver's pad (purchased directly from Silver's, not a repro) ended up at forty something $, including shipping. The supposed same pad from Galazan was eighty plus. Not an insignificant difference. The other problem was that when I ordered a London orange original Silver's pad from Galazan (based on the website images) I got a red pad. It sounds like "guns" had the same problem. The other issue with the bad pads, as I'm reading the earlier posts, is with the orange Silver's look-alike (repro) pads that Galazan sells.
Posted By: Replacement Re: London Orange pad/source - 08/13/09 02:15 AM
I just got six of the genuine red pads from CSMC a few weeks ago. I think they were $40 each plus shipping. Don't know about the orange ones because I use the repros when I need orange.
Posted By: Jonty Re: London Orange pad/source - 08/13/09 10:56 AM
you will not beat the quality of the genuine Silver's Pads from Kynamco - end of!

The expensive reproductions from other makers are exactly that. If you want to waste your time and money fitting an expensive reproduction - buy somebody else's and expect to have to redo it.

The only down side to a genuine Silver's pad is that they are heavy.

Believe me I speak from experience.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com