doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Dennis Potter Winchester M21 #10696, where is it? - 12/12/09 03:34 PM
A friend has an early custom built from the fifties, which is one of a pair composed by Winchester; He would like to know of the location of its mate. If you have any info please Email me
dennispotter@att.net.

Thanks
Posted By: Don Moody Re: Winchester M21 #10696, where is it? - 12/12/09 07:23 PM
Are you saying that Winchester made a two consecutive numbered guns and sold them together as a pair with numbers "1" & "2" engraved on them, or were they just two consecutive guns sold to the same customer?
Posted By: eightbore Re: Winchester M21 #10696, where is it? - 12/12/09 09:26 PM
I have seen a couple of halves of consecutive pairs of Model 21s with ones and twos on them. I have lost track of the singles I knew of and don't think I have the serial numbers recorded. That's too bad because they were local and in the hands of friends. One was an unengraved 26" 12 gauge round frame gun in the 10,000 range. Dennis, what is the configuration of your friend's gun? Bill Murphy
Bill, Don, and anyone else who can help. My friend's gun is a Custom Built, round frame, by Winchester in the fifties, as I remember. He has all the Build Sheets, etc on the gun, which was built to be the second gun to make up a pair with the earlier gun built in 1935 or so. Both guns should be round or flat side guns, no engraving (at least on the later gun) double triggers, 12 Gauge, solid rib, ejectors, beavertail, round knob grips. That should stand out! The 1935 gun is the one he is looking to communicate with, number 10696. He has even spoken to the son of the original 1935 owner, but no luck. Don't know if you saw or remember the ad he had in DGJ looking for this"lost" model 21. As I remember both guns were 28 inch barrels. It may be a needle in the hay stack, but I told him I'd try.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com