doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: EDM Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/17/09 11:32 PM
Does anyone have Bill Headrick's phone number or e-mail. I may have found someone violating at least two of his photo copyrights...or maybe not. I'd like to contact him, maybe it's licensed...or maybe not. e-mail me at:

knightofthetrigger@yahoo.com

Thanks, EDM
Posted By: eightbore Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/17/09 11:36 PM
I sense a great love affair in the making.
Posted By: EDM Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 01:47 AM
Originally Posted By: eightbore
I sense a great love affair in the making.

Bill: No love affair, but great respect. Sixteen years ago, when I wrote my first article for the DGJ, Dan Cote called me and asked if I had any pictures to illustrate it. I didn't, but I borrowed a camera and after a roll or two I figured out how to take pictures good enough for the DGJ. Part of the process was that I called Bill H. and he gave the benefit of his lifetime of knowledge and experience, told me what kind of camera to buy, and essentially mentored me when I needed it the most.

Now it's 4 books and 50+ articles later and I'd like his number, which, unfortunately, I can't find in my archives. I found some of his pictures on the Internet for, of all things, refrigerator magnets, which I have verified by looking at back issues of the DGJ. These may be legit per a licensing agreement, but I think it is worth a call--I owe him. EDM
Posted By: GregSY Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 02:03 AM
Bill takes great photos - I have to admit the guns often look better than in real life. He should try writing about them as well sometime.
Posted By: Researcher Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 02:07 AM
email sent
Posted By: eeb Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 02:58 AM
Refrigerator magnets !!?? Were they Fox, Parker, or LC Smith?
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 03:30 AM
Who takes those great photos for Jack Puglisi's gun lists??
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 03:30 AM
Better yet, GregSY, you could take some photos of yours, or, put something intelligent to paper about them.

I'd bet his collection of decoys is worth more than anything in your gun cabinet/pantry/underwear cabinet.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: RHD45 Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 03:37 AM
The one I saw had an image of a high grade Parker.
Posted By: GregSY Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 03:37 AM
Oh come now, Ted, you're still smarting over the way your beloved Fords got put on the trailer back in '70.

As for the value of my underwear, let's just say people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. It's not a big secret that whenever you get your undies back from the dry cleaner, there's an additional $7.50 charge and a big red "Skid Mark City!" scrawled across the bill.
Posted By: RHD45 Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 03:50 AM
"Allagash Trader" is the ebay sellers name if you want to do a search. Lots of gun photos by Headrick actually and not just Parker or shotguns.
Posted By: EDM Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 04:42 PM
Originally Posted By: RHD45
"Allagash Trader" is the ebay sellers name if you want to do a search. Lots of gun photos by Headrick actually and not just Parker or shotguns.

Thanks Dave--and others--for what I asked for. I called Bill and the fridge magnets were news to him.

There are two items on eBay, search parker gun* or #220400841261. I didn't search other stuff by the Allagash Trader, but methinks he has a problem of the worst kind. Violate a copyright and you go to jail, or at least have a federal rap with the FBI if it's a video or DVD. As to copyrighted magazine photos laid on a scanner and put on fridge magnets, which are sold in interstate commerce? Still not good. Why anybody would take the risk to peddle $16 items on eBay is a puzzlement. EDM
Posted By: eightbore Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 07:03 PM
GregSY, BH does write about guns.
Posted By: GregSY Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 07:56 PM
I have seen text alongside his very nice photos but I have never been able to make classify it as writing. A basic principle of writing, IMO, is that the reader must be less confused after the process is complete.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 08:22 PM
Originally Posted By: GregSY
I have seen text alongside his very nice photos but I have never been able to make classify it as writing.

I don't know what you are talking about. I've read a number of excellent articles of his in DGJ...Geo
Posted By: MarketHunter Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 09:01 PM
Yeah, I've seen several pieces he's written about hunting with his father. And one about shooting starlings over decoys if memory serves.....

DLH
Posted By: GregSY Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 09:34 PM
Well...If I have to defend myself I'll go dig out a few DGJ's where he has articles that I can't tell what he's talking about.

Me: The gun has a beautiful set of full choked 36" barrels topped by a factory vent rib, along with a deeply engraved receiver and Circassian walnut stock.

BH: Oh, what might this hoary night be told of when the darkness falls and said hunter gazes along the Delta of Venus and wonders aloud to only the glades, perhaps, when his gun will call again.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/18/09 10:32 PM
GregSy,
First of all, go here.

http://www.aerowarriors.com/nawtables.html

I don't have any "beloved" Fords, never have. Never have had a Crysler product, either. I do love the truth, however, and you may want to look (and, count) total victories in the Ford Column vs the Mopar column. Table 2 is the one where you will need all your fingers and toes to figure it out. But, I trust you will.

I just saw you spouting the conventional wisdom about Mopar products on one occasion, and wanted it set straight. You can count, right? Say, speaking of conventional wisdom, did you happen to catch the last auction show on SpeedVision, when the 1968 B5 blue Road Runner hemi export car, complete with all documentation, 1 of 1, Perfect car, didn't make $50,000?

Seems the new conventional wisdom is anything made in the Aerocar era, by Chrysler, with a hemi, is now considered one of the worst possible investments of the last millenium.

I have an Olds 442, by the way. It was built the year Oldsmobile showed up for the first, and last time, and swept C stock with a W-30. An Olds engineer at the time wondered out loud why they had bothered. Look it up.

I find Headrick's prose far more factual, entertaining, and important then anything you have ever written. Like I said, pull out the Brownie and the quill anytime, polish up 'them turds you call guns, I'll be happy to tell you what I think of your work.

Right after every editor you can find does.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: GregSY Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/19/09 12:00 AM
Ted, when you were born, did you have a tail?
Posted By: Tim Wolf Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/19/09 12:40 AM
http://shop.ebay.com/allagash_trader/m.h....m14&_pgn=1
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/19/09 04:58 AM
GregSy,
No tail, but, equipped with brain. What's your excuse?

You did count, right? You did see the part where the Taledaga Fords pretty much handed the mopar guys their butt's on tracks more than a mile long (higher speed, get it?), right?

And we are done reading any of your non-sense about the winged hemi mopar guys/cars dominating (didn't happen) the track in the era, or what great investments the hemi mopars are (were, maybe, if you got the hell out in time) right?

You did take it upon yourself to discover the year Olds swept C stock, didn't you? It will be good practice, finding facts is important when you are going to be a writing 'an picture shooting kind of guy.

Now, let's see some photos of your guns. Get out that Brillo pad, and knock down the rust so they are good 'in 'prutty. Try your hand at some prose, too. You know, "them that can, do" and all that rot.

Then sell it. I dare you.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/20/09 02:31 AM
Back to the point: The last I knew, Bill's number,address, et al, is unlisted. You can write to him c/o DGJ; they'll get it to him. Great photographer, fine writer, and a hullva nice guy. He's had some health problems lately; hope he's doing OK.
Posted By: Donnie Reels Re: Bill Headrick contact info? - 12/20/09 04:47 AM
I don;t know Bill in person but I love his stories.I tkink as much as I have read I know Bill and Pop personaley. I hope his health is ok. Donnie Reels
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com