doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Nimrod Classic, June 5 and 6 - 04/06/10 08:55 PM
The Nimrod Classic is a two day gathering of guys and gals who enjoy shooting vintage shotguns. On June 5 and 6 about 80 shooters will shoot a variety of clay targets at the Logan course near Bozeman. The past 5 years the shoot was held in Polson and was very enjoyable for all. Some displays and lots of show and tell. This year it will be held in a new venue. If anyone will be in the area on June 5 and 6 and you have an interest in the shoot, you can contact Charlie Pfleger at Hill Rod and Gun for shoot information in a pdf file. His website is http://www.hillrodandgun.com/ and you can request information via email.
Posted By: Jim Legg Re: Nimrod Classic, June 5 and 6 - 04/07/10 03:15 AM
I'll be there! Looking forward to it, very much.
Posted By: R.Overberg Re: Nimrod Classic, June 5 and 6 - 04/07/10 03:47 PM
It will be a fun shoot and I look forward to it every year.
Best,
Ron
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Nimrod Classic, June 5 and 6 - 04/07/10 08:42 PM
I plan on being there this year, might have a couple other fellas taggin along as well.

Dustin
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: Nimrod Classic, June 5 and 6 - 04/07/10 11:13 PM
Dustin, that would be great. Like Utah better than Clear ?
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Nimrod Classic, June 5 and 6 - 04/08/10 01:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist
Dustin, that would be great. Like Utah better than Clear ?

Well Daryl...its a heck of alot warmer here in northern Utah than it was up at Clear grin I like Utah, but you know better than I do...Alaska is pretty tough to beat when it comes to beautiful scenery, clean air, and did I mention beautiful scenery already?? I really enjoyed my time at Clear, and Alaska will always be in my blood, thank goodness I still have family living up there.

If you want to talk about Nebraska prairie chickens or sharptails...I'd be happy to fill ya in. wink

Dustin
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: Nimrod Classic, June 5 and 6 - 04/08/10 01:44 AM
Dustin, I would like to hear from you on that. My email is in my profile. To others, sorry for the online chat.
Posted By: Robt. Harris Re: Nimrod Classic, June 5 and 6 - 04/09/10 01:59 PM
From someone who was born and raised by a bunch of coal miners out of Price, Utah, I sure hope you Utah guys will join us! And I can tell you, as someone formerly associated with the Shoot's management, that Charlie Pfleger and the Logan Club are working hard to put on a real memorable shoot for those who attend.

The 'Nimrod' has always been more about the 'show-and-telling' of these fine, old guns than the competitive aspect..... to where we always end up with way more historical vintage pieces than is found at any gun show held in most western states. Hell, just having Hallquist show up cinches that!!

Hoping to see you all there......

Rob Harris
Posted By: SDH-MT Re: Nimrod Classic, June 5 and 6 - 04/09/10 04:08 PM
I'm going to do my best to be there as well.
Posted By: dukxdog Re: Nimrod Classic, June 5 and 6 - 05/18/10 05:49 AM
I will be coming up this time also. Sounds like a fun shoot. Gallatin Clays is a great venue.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com