doublegunshop.com - home
I had bought, a real nice set of barrels, and the receiver for a 1927 Ithaca NID, 16 gauge sxs. So i need to find the metal strip, with lug, that goes, under the barrels, fore arm, iron + wood, and the butt stock. Now my question is do any of the Ithaca models, Flues, Crass, Miner, Lefever, etc parts, inter change? Or would a 12 gauge, nid, fore arm fit a 16 gauge, nid,? I'm a wrench turner, trucks, combines, tractors, but i don't know beans, about shot guns, except, i love 16's doubles, pumps, auto's.
The NID is completely differant than the other models Ithaca built and what you're dealing with is, although not hand built, at the very least, hand fitted, American built guns. The trail and error process of guessing if this will fit or that maybe will fit could get a little expenseive. They built a lot of NID's just keep looking you'll find the correct parts.
You must also take into account there were different forends for NID's during it's production run. I once bought a set of early NID barrels thinking they would fit my late NID gun but the forend was different.
Thanks, for the replys, i am just starting to learn, a little bit.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com