doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: bbman3 Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/28/10 08:45 PM
Great story Tom and great photos Terry! Bobby
Posted By: eightbore Re: Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/28/10 10:27 PM
I have seen the gun so my big question is "You got your Double Gun Journal??"
Posted By: Pinduck Re: Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/28/10 10:59 PM
Double Gun Journal arrived in Loveland today.
Posted By: Chris Baumohl Re: Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/28/10 11:04 PM
Bill, if we want to see it before Christmas in Alabama, you have to get it sent Priority Mail!!

Actually I got the Priority Mail copy on Saturday and the regular mail one today so............... That was fast. Usually 7 or 8 days between them.

CB
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/29/10 12:41 AM
Mine turned up when the mule came to North LA
bill
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/29/10 01:24 AM
Still hasn't arrived South of the River in North Alabama near one of Nathan Bedford Forest's campsites. The wagon train must have left Huntsville, AL this a.m.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/29/10 01:24 AM
The article on Michael McIntosh by Vic Venters was well done, also.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Philbert Re: Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/29/10 01:32 AM
I live 3 hours from East Jordan and I haven't received mine! What's up with THAT.
Posted By: topgun Re: Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/29/10 02:16 AM
Bobby, thanks for the kind words of encouragement. That was actually a fun article to research; many thanks to Skip Dunlap for bringing this old Smith gun back to life, and then allowing me the opportunity to present his gun to the shooting fraternity.
And although I've yet to read this new issue completely; I did take time to read the excellent tribute to Michael McIntosh by Vic Venters. As many forum members here have already expressed, I was saddened by the news of his passing. Michael was gifted with a unique writing style; and after I read his first book, I could instantly recognize any of his work and never check the author's name in advance. I first became aware of Michael McIntosh about 1987-88; and the great guns he so glowingly described piqued my interest to the point that I was inspired to share some of my own research and interesting guns I have seen and owned over the years. Of course the very best of my efforts wouldn't hold a candle to that produced by Michael; even on his worst day! Obviously someone of Michael's stature can never be replaced; but I'm confident that he has also inspired others, and that we will have the opportunity to enjoy the work of his many "students" in years to come.
Posted By: bbman3 Re: Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/29/10 02:29 AM
I got my journal today,28th.Bobby
Posted By: Doug Waterman Re: Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/29/10 03:39 AM
I got mine yesterday(27th)....BUT I'm still waiting for this year's Slip Case.....I called again today..still backodered...?? Is anyone else waiting for their's also?....Anyone know what the problems are?
Posted By: riflegunbuilder Re: Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/29/10 05:34 PM
Bobby, How did yours show up so fast? Still have not seen mine.
Posted By: bbman3 Re: Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/29/10 06:29 PM
Walton i usually get mine late!
Posted By: Craig Larter Re: Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/29/10 08:04 PM
Excellent article on Admiral Perry and great job Skip on bringing it back to life, great story. The tribute to MM brought a tear to my eye, well done. The article on 4 bores by Sherman Bell was super also. Thanks all
Posted By: Tyler Re: Admiral Peary's 5E Smith in DGJ - 09/30/10 01:21 AM
Mine made it to West Alabama today. I have a long wait for my daughter to finish play practice tomorrow night in Tuscaloosa. It will remain unopened until then.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com