doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Doublefan Best at installing choke tubes? - 02/10/11 01:06 AM
Looking to have choke tubes in stalled in a double. Had Briley do some a while back and they were fine. I have seen others here with not the same luck. Imput please thanks, Bob
Posted By: Jeff G. Re: Best at installing choke tubes? - 02/10/11 01:36 AM
I have had a great experience with Briley, they fixed my poi and put in the tubes in a very thin wall that no one else could or would.

Jeff G.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Best at installing choke tubes? - 02/10/11 01:43 AM
Briley is the best in this country.
JR
Posted By: gjw Re: Best at installing choke tubes? - 02/10/11 02:04 AM
Hi, Briley again. They tubed my Bernadelli Hammer gun for steel shot, great job!

They also tubed one of Spanish guns that had a bbl regulation problem. I thought they would have to do an eccentric tube, but they were able to tube it in such a way the POI is right on and I can use any of the supplied tubes in either bbl.

Good jobs all around, I'd use them again!!

Best of luck to you!

Greg
Posted By: Dingelfutz Re: Best at installing choke tubes? - 02/10/11 01:11 PM
Another vote for Briley. They were able to install tubes in such a way as to straighten out chokes that had been reamed out, off-center, by some shade tree gunsmith. Amazing!

Just saying: If I ever find the Montana gun butcher who worked over my gun he would do well to hid his tools or I might just install them in places where he might find them to be just a bit uncomfortable!
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Best at installing choke tubes? - 02/10/11 01:59 PM
I see no reason to go anywhere but Briley. Anyone doing choke tubes is either using one of the few brands of tooling available or had to create their own and has proprietary sized threads, etc. and only their chokes will fit. Briley has their own design and from what I've seen, I believe it's the best retrofit system out there.
Posted By: shinbone Re: Best at installing choke tubes? - 02/10/11 02:24 PM
Briley installed their Thin-Walls on my Merkel 1620. They did a great job.

--shinbone
Posted By: Doverham Re: Best at installing choke tubes? - 02/10/11 03:30 PM
FWIW, Merkel USA sends all their choke work to Brileys
Posted By: Jim Legg Re: Best at installing choke tubes? - 02/10/11 09:53 PM
Mike Orlen. Half the price of Briley and likely a quicker turnaround time.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Best at installing choke tubes? - 02/10/11 11:42 PM
I'd tend to agree with Chuck.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Best at installing choke tubes? - 02/10/11 11:47 PM
A friend of mine had choke tubes added at Briley a couple of years ago. They run the thread cutter in too far - by about 3/4 of an inch. He didn't notice until a few months ago.

I had a bad experience with them on a Model 21, not barrels but in the action, they had the gun a long time and a lot longer than they say they would. I sent them a big check and when I got the gun practically nothing was fixed that they were supposed to fix.

Best,

Mike
Posted By: Doublefan Re: Best at installing choke tubes? - 02/11/11 02:42 AM
Thanks everyone, your imput means alot. Let you know how it turns out, regards. Bob
Posted By: Gerald A. Mele Re: Best at installing choke tubes? - 02/11/11 05:20 AM
I am with Briley too. My Specialty grade is fantastic.
I wouldn't trust anyone else with a fine double.

Jerry
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com