doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: PA24 Bad Ass Mule, Western Style..... - 02/23/11 01:14 AM
Some friends were out riding in the back country with their dogs and had just stopped to rest when a mountain lion shot in thinking their dogs would be an easy meal.........luckily Ron's wife had the camera out as the mule charged the lion, picked it up and slung it around like a rag doll, then stomped it to death...... and here is the rest of the story.............I'll bet you've never seen this, or even heard of this....!

I think the Wisconsin folks could use a Western mule like this on their wolves......!

Posted By: Mike Bonner Re: Bad Ass Mule, Western Style..... - 02/23/11 01:41 AM
Well. I'm amazed, who would have thought a mule would kill an adult cougar! Thank you for sharing!
Mike
Posted By: Krakow Kid Re: Bad Ass Mule, Western Style..... - 02/23/11 01:48 AM
We could use that Bad Ass mule on the high seas to deal with some Jackass "pirates".......
Posted By: Dennis Wolfe Re: Bad Ass Mule, Western Style..... - 02/23/11 01:52 AM
Snopes shows that as a crock of you know what. The cat was already dead and the Mule was just having a bit of fun tossing it around. I have seen those pics for 8 yrs on and off ... cool pics though.
Posted By: popplecop Re: Bad Ass Mule, Western Style..... - 02/23/11 12:38 PM
Yes Dennis you are right, but it seems most of these things comeback within 3 years. But I'm a big fan of mules, think they are great for transportation, sure are sure footed.
Posted By: Mark Ouellette Re: Bad Ass Mule, Western Style..... - 02/23/11 04:19 PM
Festus was a mule man...
Posted By: Stallones Re: Bad Ass Mule, Western Style..... - 02/23/11 04:45 PM
I believe that Cat was a labor Union Democrat
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Bad Ass Mule, Western Style..... - 02/23/11 05:46 PM
Hey PA24...
Now will you tell us the story about your friend from the planet Krypton! wink
Posted By: PeteM Re: Bad Ass Mule, Western Style..... - 02/23/11 06:31 PM
Originally Posted By: PA24
Some friends were out riding in the back country with their dogs and had just stopped to rest when a mountain lion shot in thinking their dogs would be an easy meal.........luckily Ron's wife had the camera out as the mule charged the lion, picked it up and slung it around like a rag doll, then stomped it to death...... and here is the rest of the story.............I'll bet you've never seen this, or even heard of this....!

The lion was dead before the mule touched it.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/mulelion.asp

http://www.westernmulemagazine.com/image/webimage/MULE%20VS%20MOUNTAIN%20LION2.pdf

Pete
To ride on a mule compared to a horse is like riding in a Cadillac compared to a VW. This is what a guide told me riding into the Bob Marshall Wildress Area.
They are smooth.

If anyone has ever taken this one fly fishing trip there, I forget the name of the streams, but you go over a trail where your leg is overhanging a straight down drop of approx. 500 feet. You also cross over the Continental Divide, where the snow was still 10' deep in spots and this was August.
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: Bad Ass Mule, Western Style..... - 02/24/11 07:33 PM
So,
is this basically Bul..er I mean Muleshit?
In the first pic the cat does seem to be kinda snarling...
It had me fooled, & I was thinking what a awesome mule...
Even though it seemed real , I guess i'm gullible (Sic I'm sure )
So you must have known these "Friends" pretty well I guess , Eh, PA24?
Nice try ,if it is muleshit
Franc
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Bad Ass Mule, Western Style..... - 02/24/11 09:35 PM
Nope, the cat was dead. Notice the scabbard is empty. The true story came out a few months after it was first posted some time back in 2002 = or -.

As the mule ages though it has increased it's dislike of cats though.

I have been mule rider/ driver, and packer since about 1969.The only way I will ride a horse is if I had to walk instead.
Due to health and age,I have sold off my pack string,but kept one that is 30 yrs old that I have had since it was a yearling and one younger saddle mule that is 13 yrs old. I had the mare bred and have raise and trained it myself.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com